Ballroom Dance > Videos > My jazz/rumba/bolero routine, second performance

Discussion in 'Videos' started by MikeRose, Aug 2, 2009.

1. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

Same routine from June 28, this time at the Boleros Grand Challenge, August 1, 2009. It was officially listed in the program as a "bronze interpretive rhythm" solo. Who knew? ;-)

I improved on some of the things I worked on, most notably facial expression, wish I'd done better on some footwork and arm styling.

[YT]kvB98fgse-s[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvB98fgse-s

Mike
    http://designsbymike.net

2. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work. PM coming.

3. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Ooh, very nice! Thanks for sharing! :)

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

good job, mike. best wishes for future performances!

5. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

Thank you!!!

6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

great video Mikee, thanks for sharing. And seem to remember you changing pros over last year just like me. Definitely doesn't show in video, you two look great. :)

7. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

You're welcome, and thank YOU! :)

You remember correctly, and I've only been working with Rachel since January. Selena before her was great, and I was really torn up when she moved away, but Rachel, while completely different in many ways, is terrific, too. I love her to death.

8. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I bet. :)

I do try to pay attention, esp since I went through similar thing last year. Hopefully will have video of my chacha with new buddy teacher within the month. Glad you're happy with rachel. Not easy to change, but you two look great together, as I said. :)

9. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

I have to tell you that I've grown accustomed to change. Rachel is instructor number FIVE for me in a little over four years. My first, Cristina, was about to leave the studio and in the process of training my second, Cecilia, when I started. I was with Cristina for only maybe 3 weeks. Cecilia stayed for almost two years. Then came Amanda, who some here may remember from my first video (the Casablanca routine), whom I worked with for only several months. Then Selena for not quite a year and a half. Hopefully Rachel will be around for a good long time. She's seriously thinking of auditioning for So You Think You Can Dance, though. I've told her that making it through to the top 20 is the ONLY reason I'll allow her to leave me. ;)

10. etp777

etp777 Active Member

That's great MIke. and I'm more than happy with my new pro and new buddy teacher, no doubt about that. :)