Dance Ads > My partner posted 2 sets of tails on ebay

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

That's true, I wasn't thinking about that.. The waist is quite a bit higher...

2. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

It's hard to find "used" tails for a guy who is 5'5" and a size 40/34. Dang near impossible actually. Grrr.

3. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Actually I think your best bet customer probably would be an enthusiastic silver or gold dancer on a Boston-area college team, since their comps do permit costumes in those events. If he can wait until fall, taking the suits to some comps up there might be the best bet.

4. Katarzyna

If they don't sell we might, but we really need to sell them asap. The intereste on my credit card is growing, it needs to get paid off... New tails are expensive....

5. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

Can you apply for a 0% interest rate on transfer balance credit card?
    I know paypal is offering those, 0% for 3 months (it could be 6 months).
    At least this way, you don't have to pay the extra interest for 3 months, and hopefully this will give you more time to sell the tails.

We love those 0% interest rate credit cards! :wink:
    It just takes some time, to "play" the transferring game......but with all the money you save on interest, it's well worth it.

6. Katarzyna

Not a bad idea, but it's not safe to give me access to yet another credit card... I just hope he can sell the tails and pay me back soon...

7. lynn

lynn New Member

Transfer your balance to the new 0% card and cut up the new card so you won't be able to use it for anything else??!! How does that sound?? i was going to say cancel your old card, but that'd hurt your credit score, so, maybe not.

8. Katarzyna

But my current card gives me miles so I don't want to cut it up... So I would need to keep 2.. And that's dangerous

9. Chris Stratton

Actually, there is something to be said for putting any carried balance on one card, and never buying anything with it but using another card for that. This is because somewhere hidden in the fine print is the detail that payments go to your low-rate transferred balance first, and your high-rate new purchases last. What this means is that you should never buy anything on a card that is carrying a balance. Of course credit cards are far from an ideal way to borrow money in the first place, but options may be limited. It might be safer if the 'use' card is really a debit card, but that means any emergency purchase that has to go on a credit card is going to be the last thing to be paid off at the highest rate on the balance carrying card, so using a 2nd acutal credit card for day to day purchases may be best, provided you treat it like a debit card...

10. lynn

lynn New Member

cut up the new one then so you won't get to use it other than to pay off the balance. I used to have 5 credit cards but now i only use 1 and use another one as backup (for places that doesn't accept VISA)!

11. Katarzyna

For me, I always have emergencies.... So I usually get to use it...

we'll see so far he has 1 bid on the tails...

12. Chris Stratton

So you could get a new card, trasfer the balance and then cut it up so you don't put any new high rate purchases on it and are steadily working down the balance at a now lower rate. Then use the old card for day to day purchases, intended to be paid off each month, and any genuine emergencies that would be paid off over a few months (as opposed to going to the end of the line behind that outstanding balance).

It's something like putting your partner's new tails on a card you'd transferred a balance to that would be a problem - he might pay you back right away, but the card company would apply that payment to the old low rate balance, and keep the tails on there at 19% or whatever until the old balance was gone.

13. Katarzyna

I'll see, don't feel like dealing with new cards honestly.. My balance is not as bad as it used to be, but with the tails on it, it went back up again... I should be done with all the credit cards by december... thats the plan.

14. lynn

lynn New Member

Good luck! Keeping the finances in place can be a difficult task. As to the credit/debit card argument. I personally prefer using credit card because I get cash rewards on spendings. But I also keep track of everything I put on my card so there are no surprises when I receive my bill. I guess it all comes down to planning and self-discipline :wink: (still working on the latter one...)

15. Katarzyna

I always know what to expect on the bill. I am really organized with cards in that sense... I know exactly what I put on on my card, but often that is simply the only way I can pay for things...

16. lynn

lynn New Member

Sounds like you've got a plan! That's what I do too, put all my purchases on my credit card - one bill, simple to reconcile every month! I've never had balances on my card because the interest charges can get horribly high, not to mention they reoactively charge back to the day the purchase was made!! Talk about reading the fine print :? !!

17. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

Yes, whatever you pay for the credit card does go to the balance with the lowest rate first, so after you transfer the balance, you cannot use that card for any purchase. You don't even need to cut the card, just leave the card at home, and simply don't carry it with you.

We have several cards that have 0% bal. transfer and we only use those for transferring bal. We use the other cards for daily purchases.

Credit cards are great way to save money with the rewards, 0% bal. transfer and frequent flyer miles if and only if you know how to keep things organized.

For example, now I keep about half of my money in paypal instead of my checking account since paypal has a way higher interest rate! Then, I use the paypal debit card as a master credit card for purchase. Note, you don't ever want to use your debit card as a debit card, you will ALWAYS want to tell them credit because your bank will most likely charge you a fee if you use it as a debit card. There is no difference other than you are paying an extra fees by using it as a debit card - just simply always tell them CREDIT, unless of course, when they don't take credit card. Only keep money in my checking account because there are times when I an forced to pay either check or cash (such as at BoF), and I can't write a check from paypal.

18. Chris Stratton

One potential problem with using PayPal like a bank is that they aren't one, ie, not subject to as stringent consumer-protection regulations. So they can do things like freeze your account for a while on the slightest hint of suspicion - bit of a risk if you use that account for anything like Ebay where someone might make an even unfounded complaint against you.

19. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

How high?

20. Katarzyna

I still have a balance, but hope to pay it off by december.. I am dealing with balance i created while without work for one semmester in school. It's been going down slowly.. I like it all in one place. I have student loans in 3 so I want to keep teh credit cards simple..