Dance Ads > My partner posted 2 sets of tails on ebay

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Aug 3, 2005.

1. lynn

lynn New Member

I agree, that's what I do too, ugh, student loans can be a pain......

2. lynn

lynn New Member

I'm curious, given the low savings rate the bank gives, unless you've got $10,000+ in your bank account, it hardly makes any difference.

3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Savings account rate even with 10000 in the bank will not be noticeable...

4. lynn

lynn New Member

I think the saving account interest rate for my bank is 0.025%? I'd rather go for banks that offer free transactions!

5. Katarzyna

I have free transactions now... with direct deposit. No interest rate

6. lynn

lynn New Member

I get free transaction, minimal interest, but I think I save about $5-6 a month on transaction fees alone! Multiply that by 12 months with the interest provided....that's equivalent of keeping about 250K in my savings account :shock: !!

7. Katarzyna

8. lynn

lynn New Member

I had a not so pleasant experience with PayPal and given there are no local offices, it's difficult when issues arise. I prefer to have a local branch where I can actually yell @ someone if i have a problem :wink: !

9. Katarzyna

Yelling at someone always helps :lol:

10. lynn

lynn New Member

Yelling @ someone across the phone usually doesn't help!

11. Katarzyna

12. lynn

lynn New Member

Esp when they keep on telling you they have to freeze your account because their "statistic model" says so!!

13. Katarzyna

:lol:
    Are you talking from experience here :wink:

14. lynn

lynn New Member

Of course!
    Apparently, they didn't approve my transaction because I was new to PayPal and didn't have any history with them. My argument was this: if they keep on declining my transaction, how am i suppose to develop any "history"??!!!

15. Katarzyna

So annoying, I had a bad experience with western union online once... But it's a long story and I have to run to practice now :)

16. lynn

lynn New Member

Have fun! I'm still stuck in the office for another 4 hours.....

17. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

a friend of mine wanted to open an account with paypal to get some xtra interest until she found the website paypalsucks.com. apparently some nasty stories on that site.

18. lynn

lynn New Member

I have no problem using PayPal as long as my purchases are done with credit card so at least i still have recourse action, but i'm not comfortable of using them as my bank account....

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Darn! I missed the whole paypal conversation. Seems interesting, though. Maybe I'll go back and read the couple of pages that happened while I was out yesterday. 8) :car:

20. lynn

lynn New Member

and i thought you are on DF 24x7 :lol: !!