Dance Ads > My red gown on ebay for 700

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Nov 24, 2006.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks. :oops: Thanks.

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

:) Thank you too :)

3. Katarzyna

so now only about a day left.. curious if it will sell or not.. I guess it will look ok with light hair if I have to wear it like that :)

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Is that the new you in the avatar?!? Wow!

5. Katarzyna

yes, that's pre-ohio photo..

still same me though.. just different hair.. :)

6. danceislove

danceislove New Member

Hey Kat I have a question for you :)
    In this picture, are these large rhinestones glued onto bobbypins? How are they in you hair? It looks great!
    [​IMG]

7. Katarzyna

They are glued to bobbypins and the pins... and then I just pin them into my hair :)

8. Katarzyna

if anyone was serious about buying the brown one, sorry, decided to cancel it.. Don't want to sell it after all... only the red is still listed...

I now this sounds like I don't know what I want :(

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hey, i bet the brown will look better with your blonde than it did before...

10. Katarzyna

That's what my friend told me.. I wore it for a lesson yesterday and she told me I can't sell it...

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

no doubt!

i love wearing brown, but i think it really looks best with blonde.

also, another benefit of the blonde is that you can wear animal prints without looking tacky.

well, anyway... non-zebra prints. zebra's gotta be hard for anyone to pull off...
    LOL

12. Katarzyna

:) never thought of it this way.. thanks :)
    I've seen some cool zebra gowns... but practice clothes.. eww.

13. Katarzyna

30 more min.. Don't think I will sell it. surprised. but I guess not everyone falls in love in the same things I do

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i am surprised as well. have been soooo tempted to splurge -- i just love it. but i guess if i'm switching to blonde, i'd be in the same boat as you.

is red really so awful for blondes? have zero experience with that, y'know?

15. Katarzyna

I don't know, I was thinking of trying it out this weekend at Yale to see how it looks.. didnt' decide yet.. so bad with decisions.. I had a blonde friend try it on and it looked really nice on her.. I bought it as a strong/powerful etc dress, not nice dress. so I have to first change what image I want to project and I might come to terms with this dress still.. I think it's perfect for shows (TANGO :) ) I will go back to my old color at some point too.. so..

16. Katarzyna

It's not that red is bad for blondes.. It's actually really nice. I am thinking just that this particular dress wouldn't work for blonde.. not b/c of the color... just the style.. not sure

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes... perhaps just too much drama <lol>

and perhaps very dark blood-red reds better complement fair hair? i've seem some absolutely beautiful combinations that way.

18. Katarzyna

I think that's correct, too much drama for a blonde

19. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

darn, no one bid on it :(. I'm really shocked. If it wasn't red, I would have grabbed it.

20. Katarzyna

I am shocked too, although I noticed that ebay hasn't been very good with ballroom stuff lately.. oh well. next time won't waste 5 to post stuff.. This was 50% off from the price.. definitely won't be listing it for that price again.. As I said, I just sold another dress so I'm ok with cash. This one will have to wait for someone who deserves it :)