Ballroom Dance > Videos > My rumba routine - Roy Orbison's California Blue

Discussion in 'Videos' started by MikeRose, Dec 20, 2008.

1. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

2. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Hi MikeRose! Thanks for sharing your dancing!

3. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

Mmmm...everything is soooo blue... :)

Thank you for sharing your video, MikeRose!

4. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

You're welcome, and thank YOU.

I regret to announce that it will be my last routine with Selena. She's just left Jacksonville for NYC.

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Its a lovely routine MR, you both are so relaxed, very moving. Sorry about your loss of your partner (coach?) she is truly gorgeous with an action that just floats with effortless movements. While that is not the usual latin action who can question its beauty? I'm guessing that she is trained in classical ballet... ?

Florida's loss is NY's gain. Did she move to a new partner?

6. Terpsichorean Clod

I'm sorry to hear that. :hug: Too bad you can't save time in a bottle. ;) I'm sure you'll create more wonderful dancing with your new teacher and partner and look forward to watching those videos. :)

7. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

Yes, at least we can be together in our dreams. And we'll always have Paris. Oh, no, wait... that was Amanda, not Selena.

Thank you. Yes, I'm sure Rachel and I will have a great time together, and I look forward to showing you that next video in July.

8. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

Thank you! And she's every bit as lovely a person as she is a dancer. Yes, she's trained in ballet, as well as modern and jazz.

Following a current boyfriend.

9. Terpsichorean Clod

lol
    :rocker:

10. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

Just want to let you know that things are going great with my current teacher, Rachel. We're working on a routine now for the end of June, one that's a radical departure from my previous ones, and I hope this one will knock your socks off.

11. Terpsichorean Clod

Thanks for the update! I'll try to find some heavy wool socks. ;)

12. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

LOL! I'm glad to give you all this time to prepare.

And in the meantime, here's Rachel performing in that same event from December:

[YT]gJXifUH4j98[/YT]

13. Terpsichorean Clod

"But ohhhhh, whaddya [twirl] dooooo to me!" :bouncy:

Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to watching the two of you! :)

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Selena looks familiar. mike, do you happen to know if she used to teach in Nashville area?

15. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

Yes! :eek: She moved to Jacksonville directly from Nashville, where she taught dance for several years and partnered professionally with a guy named David Moore.

16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Interesting. Thought that might be her. I've never met her, but I knew someone she used to dance with in Nashville and seen a lot of pictures of the two of them.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the videos. Lovely. :)

17. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

I'll be doing my first lift! And I'm delighted to say that, with still nearly three months until the event, I can already do that lift.

18. MikeRose

MikeRose Member

It's a small world, isn't it? And thank you very much for the compliment!

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

The small worl but is definitely one of the things I like about the ballroom world

20. Terpsichorean Clod

Nice to have it already nailed! :applause: