Dance Ads > My stunning beaded gown on ebay

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

THanks, yes thats my past experience too, but, it is a little stressful...

Curious, what is it about the change in feedback, havent been following it. Haven't used ebay in some time now.

2. Katarzyna

Also, normally I used to get many questions when selling on ebay, now got none.. that also worries me a bit not sure any watchers are actually interested in the dress

3. Me

Me New Member

The change is... Sellers may no longer leave negative or neutral feedback. Buyers may leave whatever they wish. Also, neutral feedback counts as negative feedback in percentage scores. Also, there is now a five star rating system for various points of customer service, but anything below a 5 is counted into the average as needing improvement, but on the scale customers see, 4 is called good... These ratings now have an effect on how high in the eBay search engine a seller is placed according to the new "Best Match" feature, and also, there are now holds that might be imposed by PayPal that may last up until 21 days until the buyer leaves a positive feedback (so you ship without receiving payment.) Nobody knows really how PayPal decides which sellers/items to impose this hold upon, but if it makes you feel better, I have never seen it happen. To give you an idea of how these ratings affect your sales, my lowest percentage out of the five stars is a 4.88 and I have been lowered to "standard" sort. I have no negative feedback, no non-paying bidder strikes, and no non-performing seller strikes. The five star system is completely anonymous - I have no idea why somebody would not rate me at 5. Perhaps they thought 4 was good, and believed 5 to be stupendously super?

It's a mess. I hope I'm not scaring you! So far I have had no problems with the new system, other than I've noticed much fewer people watching or bidding.

BUT you are marketing your dress off eBay so I think you should be okay. :) I do understand your feeling nervous however!

4. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

oooh, look - it's over $400 now :cool:

5. Katarzyna

Thank you so much, this is very helpful.. I had absolutely no idea, wow.

6. Katarzyna

wow :)

7. Me

Me New Member

Oh I forgot! All bidding IDs are completely anonymous now. eBay says this was to protect bidders from being scammed, but many do not like it as they believe it encourages "shill bidding." (Sellers using alternate accounts to increase the selling price of their item.) As a seller you will be able to see the ids - All other bidders will see a list of IDs that look like i*****0, 7*****e, etc. I admit I don't like not knowing who I am bidding against, but I have heard it has cut down on fake "Second Chance Offers" people were receiving, clicking into... and having all their personal information stolen. :(

8. Katarzyna

noticed that when I looked on my listing without signing in.

9. Katarzyna

wonder why so many changes

10. Katarzyna

couple more hundred and i might loose only 1 K on this dress

11. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

So pretty (too small for me though)...no luck selling yourself?

12. Katarzyna

had it for a year now, and just never wore it besides the show due to lenghth mainly.. never rented it either.. people tend to like it but tend to be a little afraid.. its very bold.. you dont understand how sparkly this thing is havent seen many like it around..

13. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

That's too bad the loss will be so big for you...excellent deal for the lucky winner.

14. Katarzyna

Well I hope as hours pass the loss will be minimized, but you never know.. just want it out of my closet, it has to lay flat so its not damaged, takes a lot of space...

15. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Probably too much phishing--I know it's via my eBay and PayPay usernames that I get all the spoof e-mails. I usually forward them on to spoof@paypal.com or spoof@ebay.com as they use the e-mails to help track and block the phishers.

16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Maybe one that I know of!;)

17. Katarzyna

maybe phishing got so many fake emails as well

18. Katarzyna

:) :)

19. Katarzyna

little over a day left