Dance Ads > My stunning beaded gown on ebay

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

I do not see any humor in it because I am going through a crisis stage right now. I am buying/ordering three dresses this week. Please, somebody, stop me.

2. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

I've been there as well - what I realized was that I was spending relatively little on dresses (as compared to what some dresses cost) though still a lot to me, therefore not ever being completely satisfied with what I was ending up with in terms of quality mostly. So the hunt for the perfect dress was endless. I just plunked down a considerable amount for a new one and felt very good in it when I purchased it, so am hoping this ends the search for "the perfect dress".

I also decided that spending the money on lessons might be a better use of my resources...;)!

3. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Must also add though that friends/family have me on 12 step program for shopping in general, though dance related is just that much more expensive...

4. danceislove

danceislove New Member

My bf says "put down the hangar and walk away" lol i have def shopping issues that extend beyond dance dresses :rolleyes:

5. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

all 3 new comp ballgowns? or just practice dresses? you sound like me..lol..., last year in Blackpool, I've bought 3 designer dresses and my credit card bill was outrageous.

well, if you can affored, no need to stop:p, it pays and gives pleasure for buying something truly nice and quality and functional.

6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I found easier to deal with nondancing clothing shopping, I usually imagine my already overfloating closet and thinking how annoying and time consuming to clean up, then usually I drop the thought of buying more street clothing or at least limit the amount spending.

another trip is when walk into store, pass the new regular priced section and walk straight to on sale section, this action helped to reduce the potential "damage"...

But for ballgowns, I just keep buying...I have more than what I need and I'm still buying...lol...

7. Me

Me New Member

You don't have to worry any longer - Somebody bought it! So, temptation taken away. ;)

8. danceislove

danceislove New Member

oh no :( that somehow doesn't make me feel better.
    congrats on the sale though :)

9. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

well its still around..

10. Me

Me New Member

You have this dress for sale, Kat? Or it is gone now?

11. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Its gone from me, but not far away :)