Salsa > National Dance Council of America and AAU Join Forces

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pass It On, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Pass It On

Pass It On New Member

Largest Collaberation in past 10 Years
    NATIONAL DANCE COUNCIL OF AMERICA and AAU Join Forces at UNITED STATES NATIONAL JUNIOR AND PROFESSIONAL STANDARD DANCE SPORT CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Some say there are no such things as miracles. Well I witnessed a miracle today! I have received official notice that the NDCA will officially sanction their Championships to be held in Provo, Utah this March, as a Qualifying event for the 2003 AAU Junior Olympics. It sends goose bumps up my spine to just write it. In this unprecedented move, the NDCA has decided to jump on the Junior Olympic bandwagon and become one of the leaders to bring Dancesport to the youth of America. With an anticipated 40,000 spectators and 15,000 plus athletes at the next Junior Olympics in August, Dancesport will be able to show its finest athletes and its most qualified Judges, in my view, the National Dance Council of America's Judges. I want to thank all the people who helped me make this possible, but that will wait for the full story in the next issue. No more politics. No more endless meetings to nowhere. No more web entangling rules and regulations. No more waiting. Finally, the dream becomes reality! More to come. Isaac Altman AAU National Director for Salsa and Dancesport

Don't forget to purchase you copy of the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Salsa syllabus all on one DVD. This is the official standard at the Junior Olympics and is used by independent studios all over the world to teach Salsa.

Sincerely,

Isaac Altman
    World Salsa Federation