Dancers Anonymous > need a hand

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by yoyao, Oct 23, 2003.

1. yoyao

yoyao New Member

ok guys, I am in UK right now, as you might already know, and I am studying graphic design there. I got a yr long project/research that I need to do on something with the design or advertisment... so I am thinking about doing something related to the dance.. but I don't know what excatly I can do to some way related to design area. my professor suggest me do an caterlog for a dance school here in UK, but I am not really into doing that. I was thinking something more like how dance is used in advertisement and I can do further reasearch on how the adviertisment is differ in US and UK and so on. or you guys have any idea, please let me know :)

2. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

THe part about dance being used in advertising...I just saw a commercial for a 'new diet miracle pill' (BTW, the promotion of pills to lose weight really irritates me), anyways...they used this very fit dancing couple to promote the pill. Apparently they bill it as giving you energy to exercise and lose weight. Just my 2 cents here.

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yep, dancing is also used in ads for Gap, arthritis medication, shampoo, etc.,...the list is extensive. Sounds workable to me yoyao, go for it! :D

4. yoyao

yoyao New Member

ok, I have more Ideas, I think I can in some way to represent dance by colors, emtions, sounds, paintings...(in some arbastracty way) maybe I can do filming a dance competition and at same time, I edited that video by showing different combination of color in Sync with the footage of the dance...well..or something like that, come on, guys :) :idea:

5. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

yoyao,

If you are interested on practicing your skills, I would be glad to help you. If you are creating layouts or designs, I would be happy to put it on the web, so people can view and critique your work.

6. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

sounds like a great idea

7. yoyao

yoyao New Member

ok guys, here are some of my ideas for promting salsa in a dance school
    http://www.dance-forums.com/album/showgallery.php?ppuser=230
    I talked to my advisor, he suggested me not to focus on the design detail but forcus on the concepts first. he suggest to look more into the crossover of the dances. (how can you persuade the locals to join a dance class, how can u protmote another type of the dance to the ones that has been interested in different dance. say, to promote tango to the people who has been dancing slasa, also maybe a combination of the exisisting two dances to a new one that might become the trend in the future salsa/hiphop) and since I put a tatoo on the woman's body (as seen in the pic) as a way to brought up people's attention. he also suggested that I might can look further into it. maybe I can caterogry people's tatoo with the dance they like. also catergro by the shapes ....etc. so gimme some feedbacks and ideas. and if you have a tatoo, send me a pic of it to millersong2@yahoo.com and tell me what type of dance do you like :p