Swing Discussion Boards > Need advice for my first Swing competition!

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by SPratt74, May 26, 2006.

1. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

Hey Chandra--

I think will be there also! I am not sure jsut yet, because we will be in KC the weekend before for my Grandaughters thing, so we are still trying to clear two weekends, but we are in hopes to be there. I would also try Jeanne Degeyter's workshops. She is a great dancer and teacher. She heads the Swing Tulsa Style club, and does a great job. Youi might look at her website.
    Anyway, hope to see you in KC

2. chandra

chandra New Member

oh, cool! Hope to see you there. I can't comment on Jeannies Workshops, I didnt get to participate last year, but Ill take your word for it!

3. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Decide quick. As of last wed. there were about 40 tickets left.

It's a wonderful event, well done, good comps and good social dancing.

Mysh, Chandra, and I will all be there.

4. Horizon

Horizon New Member

Alright, thanks for the heads up. Just bought a weekend pass and registered for the J&J :)

Are you guys competing, so I'll be able to pick you out of the crowd?

5. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

All three of us will be doing the J&J.

I'll be working the front desk or door to the ballroom...look for the volunteer with curly blond hair.

6. chandra

chandra New Member

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh I wish I could go to Liberty. ;( It's so close too! Oh well. I have to save my money for K.C. anyways lol! I love that picture of you by the way! Thanks for showing me what to expect! I have plenty of outfits like that lol. ;)

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Who's the cutie-pie guy, Chandra? I'm a sucker for a clean-shaven pate. :wink: :D

9. chandra

chandra New Member

No idea... Random guy I drew in semis. Sorry!

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Major bummer. lol.

11. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Not unless she managed to exchange phone numbers!!! :raisebro:

12. chandra

chandra New Member

haha, I drew him the first song of novice Semis at Reno... Im guessing he is probably from around there, or california... Thats all I got, sorry!

13. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

I believe Jeanne will be at both Indy and liberty swing.

14. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Kansas....are you going to make it to Liberty? We still havn't actually met despite being at similar events have we?

Phoenix?

15. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

We haven't actually met, though I did catch sight of you dancing J&J in Dallas last year. Liberty is out, we are not yet making any east coast trips. July weekend just opened up, so we may get to go to Pheonix. Haven;t really talked to anyone who has gone before, so ????. Probably KC, Definately Dallas over Labor Day, Tulsa in October and November, maybe Houston in January (big on the maybe there).

16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh girl. I'm going to have to teach you the tricks of the trade when we are in Kansas City next month! ;)

17. chandra

chandra New Member

errr... uh... ehmmm...
    LeftfeetNYC, help?

18. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

LOL, OMG Chandra, you crack me up. Spratt...she's a bit young for that particular gentleman....well, most gentlemen at these events. Unless she goes to Cali where there really are people her age.

19. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I don't know. Age shouldn't matter should it lol? There are some really young ones that are at my studio that she hasn't met yet! ;)

20. chandra

chandra New Member

uh... erm... *cough* Jailbait *cough*