Dancers Anonymous > need advice on slow dancing

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancer_of_god, Oct 5, 2003.

1. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

since i'm a teen and have never slow danced, what's the most important thing to remember?

(don't feel obliged to answer, i'm just bored and therefor asking inane questions for the sake of imaturity) 8)

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

This is a good question, and here's my answer.

Slow dancing is DANCING, not groping, and don't let the guys convince you otherwise. Body contact is not required to slow dance.

3. will35

will35 New Member

Well, here is an inane answer to your very good question. Remember to slow dance mostly to slow music.

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Another inane response to a good question... "should never be done too quickly!" :wink:

5. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

thankz so much, SDsalsaguy and will35, your a real help. (suppose it's my fault for saying it was an inane question :oops: )
    pygmalion, on the other hand was very helpfull. Thank u sincerly (is that spelled right?)

6. SDsalsaguy

Sorry :oops:

Seriously though, pygmalion's point is a good one. Slow dancing, like any other dancing, should be something yo do both because you enjoy it and how you enjoy it. If anyone ever tells you that you have to do something in a certain way which you don't like, it's not worth doing!

7. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

thanks. that was very insightfull and very true. you just helped take a huge load off my shoulders. 8)

8. SDsalsaguy

I'm really glad that was helpful... and, for the record, I think it's great to have your perspective here as well. I know that it has helped me to realize I should focus more on thinking about things just as they are rather then how I've come to expect them to be.

9. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

glad I could be of service. It's the least I can do for you- this is a great site!!!

10. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Put your head on his shoulder.

11. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

:?: .... dancer_of_god will be dancing with boys in all liklihood ;)

12. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

oh jeez...I'm sorry dancer...EDIT