Event Announcements > New Dance Studio in Central Jersey

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by samina, Sep 21, 2007.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Announcing the opening of G & J Dance Studios in Hillsborough, NJ!

The studio will open to the public with a Social on Saturday, September 29th, including a lesson at 7:30 followed by ballroom/latin/hustle/salsa dancing from 8:00-11:00.

Owners Marek Gabor & Denisa Jancusova are not only exceptional competitive ballroom dancers, but are well-known for being two of the nicest people in the dance community. :D

The studio is in a lovely brand-new warehouse facility with high ceilings and a large floating dance floor. Only an hour from Manhattan (and an hour and a quarter from Philadelphia), it's close enough for both NYC/North Jersey and Philly area dancers to enjoy!

For everyone in the area, please come... bring lots of friends... and stay tuned for details of their Grand Opening Event, coming soon.

Hope to see you there!

2. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Ahh rats, I wanted to come to their first social but the 29th is my rumba showcase. Oh well, next time. Give Marek and Denisa my best, sam.

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i will indeed, luce! thanks! (and wishing you luck with your showcase! :))

4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

This your pro's new studio that you mentioned samina?

5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Looks great, Sam. If I could be there, I would. I wish them every success in their new studio.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yep! very, very happy for him & his partner.

and if you look on the website, there's the floor i helped put down... :)

7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Studio looks beautiful, and that floor looks huge, makes my feet itch to dance. :)

Very cool samina.

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

studio is looking lovely -- beautiful drapes, lighting, and other decorative bits. mirrors supposed to go up this week. they've worked so hard to create a beautiful space -- have done everything themselves. very talented people.

anyone on DF able to attend their first social this weekend? :)

9. tj

tj New Member

Not that unreasonably far from where my sister lives. Any salsa socials? ;) :)

10. LucyDiamond

If it's not too late, I'm planning on stopping by after my showcase, even if it's just to say hi as the evening ends. I want to give your pro support of his new studio. I also understand my pro is planning on attending.

I stopped by the studio last night to pick up a dress your pro's partner had hemmed for me. The new lighting is very cool. Your pro demonstrated them for me and it's going to be a VERY NICE dance place!!! I'm so glad to have such a nice studio in this part of New Jersey.

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that's good news, luce... hope you can make it! and i was hoping your pro would be able to make it.

yes, there's the new lighting, plus they've put up some bamboo blinds around certain structural elements way up high... gives a nice warm feel to the place.

they also have a changing room, which is a nice feature. :D

12. LucyDiamond

Yes, I used the changing room the other day.

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Announcing weekly socials, every Saturday Nite from 8:00 to 11:00!

Also, weekly standard practice sessions, every Sunday afternoon from 2:00 to 4:15.

And group lesson sessions starting this week... both American & International styles. :D

http://www.gandjstudios.com/images/october.gif

14. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Thinking of checking out their social this Saturday night - my friend is "working the door" for Marek and Denisa. I missed last week's, but hear the turnout was pretty good.

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

if it's your friend who's hosting the socials when M & D are competing... i know her, too, and was tickled to hear she'd be doing that! you'll have to PM me if you decide to go, NJDG. :)

can't make it this saturday, tho. friend's b-day. big pah-tay. ;)

16. LucyDiamond

M&D and G&G are competing in CT this weekend.

17. njdancegirl

Yes, thats her - she loves to play hostess, so this is perfect for her and for them since they'll be able to continue having socials when they are out of town competing. She and I met about two years ago at her previous studio, everyone's "previous studio" it seems, and have been great friends ever since.

Maybe we'll meet up there another time then...

18. njdancegirl

My pro/partner was going to, but looks like they are just competing with students instead. Is the turnout big? Had considered driving up to go watch, but will probably go dancing instead.

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

looking forward to it! :)

20. Angelo

Angelo Member

I remeber Marek and Denisa when they briefly worked in Boston a couple of years ago. I am glad they are doing well with their dance business. I hope its a smashing success for years to come.