Salsa > New to Salsa!

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by trujigalo, Oct 19, 2003.

1. trujigalo

trujigalo New Member

Hey ladies and gents!

I'm sorta new to Salsa dancing, I learned a few steps from a girl I knew, but I really didn't know what I was doing. I was wondering if anyone knew of some good references such as good music videos or online web sites that could help me start my Salsa career. ;) I'm really interested in this stuff, I love to dance but I just need some guidance.

Thanks!

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi, trujigalo! Welcome to the forums. :D

I'm more of a dance generalist than a salsera, so I'll let others answer your questions. I just want to give you a big Dance Forums welcome! :D

3. trujigalo

trujigalo New Member

Thanks Pygmalion! Glad I joined. Well you could always be of use! Do ya got any good dance songs in the category of Salsa or Techno/Night Club music or perhaps something new that I haven't heard before?

4. pygmalion

Oh! Sounds like a challenge to me! :lol: :D I can help a little, but I bet the whole DF family can help more. I'll start a couple threads, and we'll see what we get for music suggestions. :D

Jenn

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to DF trujigalo! :D

I'm on my way out the door but I'm sure the DF salseros and salseras will come through for you!

6. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Great to see another budding salsero trujigalo! You might want to check the following thread to get some great salsa music picks.
    http://www.dance-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=220

I believe there are some links to salsa video sites in the Websites section of this message board.

7. pygmalion

Thanks, youngsta. Great minds think alike. There are a bunch of salsa music threads, although I haven't looked up the urls yet. Just scroll down through the salsa forum, and you'll find these:

Salsa covers of popsongs like yesterday - more?
    slow salsa music good for teaching
    salsa to world music
    what is your favorite salsa music
    Names of really fast salsa songs
    Good practice songs
    All time greatest salsa hits - your picks

Lots of music recommendations. :D