General Dance Discussion > Nipple Hide (Cover) and Contact Lense

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by StartedLateButCompetitive, Apr 16, 2017.

1. I'm a guy. Both genders welcome to comment lol.

1)

Eh I know this is a bit weird question.

So let's say in a competition dancing latin, do you guys use nipple cover? I don't like my nipples poked out making two tents at the front of my latin dress (ok this is a bit exaggerated ) - -+

I am just wondering if any one use them? and any suggestions? sorry for a bit weird question.

2)

For dancers wearing glasses, what contact lenses you use?

Saying in daily life, you prefer glasses. I do, because I don't feel contact lenses very comfortable.

Let's say you dance 4 days a week, 2 hours each day, will you use those 3 monthly contact lense or any other options?

Thanks guys and girls! :p

2. bia

bia Well-Known Member

I'm similar -- wear my glasses in everyday life, contacts just for dance/workout/dressy occasions. I get supposedly 2-week disposable lenses, am really careful about keeping them sanitary, and wear them for several months; I don't really keep track of how long. I just pay attention to when they start feeling less comfortable or not making the world quite as clear and toss and replace them then.

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I wear my glasses during lessons and social dancing. For a showcase, I just take them off and do without -- don't really need sharp vision when we're the only couple on the floor. I can still see well enough to know where the walls and the edges of the floor are.

4. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Depends on your skin tone - you can use bandaids. Something similar to this would work:

[​IMG]

5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

A good ladies' ingerie department will come up with nipple covers. Silicon ones, that barely show. OR amazon, of course:

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Geez, I live a sheltered life. I wonder if the manufacturer franchises...

cornutt and j_alexandra like this.
  7. Thanks girls. I think the silicone covers look good will try that.

@bia: I think I will get the bi-weekly ones you use that will do.

@cornutt: good for you lol, I'm like blind had to use glasses unless my dancing reaches a level I can dance whatever :p

cornutt likes this.
  8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I only wear contacts for competition; otherwise, it's just glasses.

I do not wear nipple covers.

Loki likes this.
  9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I'm blind as a bat and contact lenses get fairly uncomfortable for me fairly quickly. Every couple of years, I'll get a box of single-use contact lenses. I'll wear a pair when I compete, but only when I compete. They go straight into the trash once I'm done for the day.

Borazine likes this.
  10. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

um... if OP is a guy, why is he wearing a latin dress?

So how about we not get trolled down that conversation and simply reserve this thread for talking about wearing glasses. And further discussion of nipples will be removed (not because I am prude but because Im not sold that this thread is worthy of being strung along)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017 at 6:34 AM
  11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Perhaps the word "dress" was used in the manner of "dress uniform?"

12. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

This is what I did before corrective surgery. Single use contacts are by far the best for this.

13. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I wear glasses in daily life, and daily disposable contact lenses for lessons, practice and competition. My posture in hold has me looking at the ceiling, so wearing glasses means I can't use my peripheral vision to navigate when practicing, because I'm super-blind. Also, with all of the spins and pivots and head action in tango, my glasses don't stay on my face if I'm dancing full-out. (Heck, half the time hairpins fly out of my bun during practice. I'm a hazard.)

I tend to wear the daily disposables twice, as I'm only in them a few hours. Competitions mean a fresh pair, because contacts + massive amounts of eye make-up + early mornings + false lashes is uncomfortable enough.

14. Thanks guys lol

I meant the male latin shirt when I said dress lol, it's my English xD

Yeah, I'm thinking I should wear contact lenses for lessons and practices as well along side competition (if there's any), so I could be used to contact lense while dancing.