Event Announcements > NJ Salsa Sensation Dance & Lesson Sweety+Jav

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by pix, Apr 24, 2005.

1. pix

pix New Member

Looking for something fun to do this weekend?

Look no further...

This Salsa-Latin-themed dance event begins at 7:30 as
    Salsabeat's excellent instructors, Sweety and Javier,
    offer a beginner's salsa lesson. Open dancing with DJ
    Carlos Hendricks from NJ's Conduit night club will
    spin Latin tunes from 8:30-11:15.

Beginners and all ages welcome. No partner needed!
    Light refreshments served.

ALL included for $11 adults, $8 with student ID.

Princeton, NJ 08540
    at the corner of Cherry Hill Road and Rt. 206

IN ADDITION, Sweety and Javier will be offering
    salsa lessons in Princeton on Tuesdays
    in May. Register now!

Want more? See www.centraljerseydance.org.
    Questions? Write specialevents@centraljerseydance.org.

Information on CJDS:
    The Central Jersey Dance Society, founded in March of 2001, was established by dancers for dancers, in order to promote and develop social dancing in the Central Jersey/Princeton area.

Presently, dances are held on the first and fifth Saturdays, and on the third Friday of each month. Each dance includes a lesson followed by open dancing to live or recorded music.

Our first Saturday No Name Dancefeatures dance styles including Latin, Hustle, Swing, Night Club 2-step, and some Ballroom, which are commonly considered part of a "California Mix."

Our third Friday Jersey Jumpers dance limits dance styles to East Coast & Lindy Hop Swing, though occasional alternate swing styles find their way into the mix.

Our fifth Saturday Special Events dances are special mixes based on rotating themes.

We welcome all dancers, from beginner to advanced, to come out to one of our dances and give us a whirl.

Central Jersey Dance Society is a registered 501(c)(7) non-profit corporation.

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to Dance-Forums Pix,

I would like to take this time to invite you to read our guidelines. Especially the part where we ask that you NOT make your first post an advertisement.

We reserve this page in our forum as a perk for our regularly contributing members, not for free advertising for "drive-by" users.

I am sure you can find many threads to join into and share your experiences, make some friends, and contribute more than just ads.

This thread has been marked and will be deleted in one week if we, the moderators, do not feel that you have met our minimum requirements. We feel extremely strong about this and appreciate your response.

Larinda

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Ditto to what LM said. :cheers:

4. pix

pix New Member

Please forgive me, I didn't realize that is what you meant. I only was trying to promote dance in the NJ area and didn't meant to disrupt your system. I did post about 15 minutes later on the salsa board and can repost on this site if you'd like. As a side note, if I started a topic that had already been discussed in that room, I didn't find it by searching for "on and 2" or "on 2".

5. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the topic you started in Salsa! That is exactly what we would love to have you do. No need to double post here.

We are very gun shy here, as this forum has been taken for granted by many people who use it simply for free advertising and self-promotion... and we are cracking down.

Welcome to Dance-Forums, we are glad to have another dance enthusiast on board.

6. pix

pix New Member

Thanks. I'm pretty psyched to find an international-US site that has multi-dance styles within it. Most of my swing/lindy friends wouldn't go near salsa/ballroom, and to some degree, v. versa.