Event Announcements > NorCal Winter Frolic - Jan. 27 - Palo Alto

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Laura, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Happy New Year! Are you ready to dance? Kick off the 2007 competitive year at the NorCal Winter Frolic on January 27, at the Elks' Lodge in Palo Alto.

Please see the NorCal web site at www.usabda-norcal.org for information, schedule, direction, and online pre-registration.

Tickets are $15 for adults, and $5 for under 18. Tickets are only sold at the door. There are no additional fees to enter the competitive events, but dancers in the dancesport events must be members of USA Dance.

Please note there are some new rules that have some come into effect for 2007. The most important of these are:

1) Senior II now starts at 45, not 50.
    2) Couples in the Senior II age group may only dance two consecutive age levels. So, a Senior II couple may do Senior I and Senior II, or Adult and Senior I, but may not do all three.
    3) Pre-Teen couples may not dance any open choreography in any Pre-Teen event, not even Pre-Teen Championship. However, Pre-Teens dancing up into Junior events may dance open choreography.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at secretary@usabda-norcal.org

Laura La Gassa
    Secretary, USA Dance - NorCal Chapter
    Registrar, 2007 NorCal Winter Frolic

2. CardinalDancer

CardinalDancer New Member

SBDT will be there, as always! :)

3. Laura

Laura New Member

Awesome! Your competition organizer should contact me directly about expected entries, college team pricing, etc.

4. reb

reb Active Member

We attended last year and enjoyed this comp (of course, there is that ONE particular corner . . .). Plenty of collegiate enthusiasm. Good Luck Laura and NorCal!

and with the rule changes, it looks like I've graduated to Senior II (as an individual)

5. Alskling

Alskling Member

And the pillars, don't forget the pillars! :rolleyes:

6. CardinalDancer

Not that you're the least bit bitter or anything!!

;)

7. CardinalDancer

The pillars are for the judges to lean on!! :D

8. DanceScientist

DanceScientist New Member

I plan to be there from about 6:00 PM onwards, and I'll be taking pictures. :). Laura, any chance I can get a "press pass"? I don't know what qualifies as press, but I think I did get the most complete photo coverage of the 2006 Nationals, which I paid to see. Anyway, the admission to the Frolic is only $15, so it's no big deal... :eek:

9. Laura

Laura New Member

Email me through the NorCal web site, okay DS! I have no idea who you are in real life. I'm the NorCal Secretary, Webmaster, and Registrar, so you should be able to find an email address on there somewhere that will get to me :)

10. Laura

Laura New Member

Results, Score Sheets and a compilation video from the Winter Frolic are now online.

Many thanks to our competitors and spectators for participating in this event, and special thanks to all our volunteers who made it happen! See you all again on June 9th in San Jose for the 2007 USA Dance Southwest Regional DanceSport Championships (a qualifying event for the 2007 USA Dance National DanceSport Championships to be held in August in Louisville, Kentucky).