Tango Argentino > Videos > Not your typical tango dance

Discussion in 'Videos' started by jantango, Jul 27, 2012.

1. AndaBien

AndaBien Well-Known Member

I think we're talking about more or less the same thing. I don't do things for the sake of them being risky or uncertain, and if they don't go well I don't consider them poorly executed. I just like getting an idea - not necessarily a new combination - maybe just a new way of doing what I commonly do, or a different expression or timing. I just try things out sometimes to see what will happen. The end result is neither correct or incorrect. It's something like trying out a new flavor in a recipe, to see what happens, and maybe I'll do it again or maybe I'll discard the idea. I think of it as creativity; it's a process, not an end result.

2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I like that and sometimes employ it...yesterday i in the middle of a vals.. i did something but dont even know what it was..my partner went 'ooooh' with appreciation and i said 'I've never done that before.....'

3. jantango

jantango Active Member

Were Julio Balmaceda and Corina de la Rosa dancing together or with people attending the festival?

There are dancers in Buenos Aires who go every day to the milongas. Julio and Corina are teachers (and they have a baby). Like most teachers in BsAs, they don't go to dance in the milongas, let alone dance with others. When they dance, it's during class or an exhibition. It's the same for professionals who appear on stage in tango houses in BsAs. They never set foot in a milonga. For them, tango is work. For milongueros, it's pleasure.

4. Mladenac

Mladenac Well-Known Member

It seems that you have unique experience from BsAs.
    I saw them dancing with other, them and many other professional dancers.

I don't know their motivation but I know they dance.