Salsa > NYC Congress (8/31-9/3) -who's going?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by africana, Aug 1, 2006.

1. africana

africana New Member

http://www.nycsalsacongress.com/

I'll be in town that weekend, so will probably do the evening social dancing and other fun non-congress stuff (like ET's class & Jimmy Anton social)

2. Beto

Beto Active Member

My gf and I get into town around noon on 9-2, check into the hotel and then are gonna explore NYC before coming back for dinner and the evening performances/social dancing. Sunday we'll probably hit Frankie Martinez's body isolations and/or spin classes before resuming our roaming around Little Italy and elsewhere. Only doing one night at the congress but I think Saturday night alone will be worth it and we don't get back to DC until about 1am Monday morning, just in time for work :D ;) Save me some dances, Africana! :)

3. africana

africana New Member

sweet, one dance for Beto coming up :D I'm looking forward to seeing some long-time congress-peeps too

ooh Frankie's classes: where/when are they? I keep hearing folks talk about it, that stuff's up my alley

There's so much to see in NYC, but I'll probably limit myself to shopping & dancing cos it's too hot n humid up there

4. Beto

Beto Active Member

http://www.empiredance.com/GroupClasses.html
    127 W 25th St, 11th Fl (Bet 6th & 7th Aves) NYC 10001 :D

One thing I absolutely *INSIST* on doing is hitting Little Italy (probably on Sunday) to get some of the world's best Tiramisu from Ferrara's. :) Might hit Bang-Bang in the Village for some clothes but other than that I think we'll bum around the city to see what's what on Saturday before the congress starts. I don't get up to NYC very often (haven't been there since last November's NY/NJ Festival) so anytime I go I try to see everything. ;)

5. alemana

alemana New Member

u should go, africana.

6. africana

africana New Member

thanks Beto! You'll probably see me at frankie's class(es) :)

Yeah I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't been to some of the major sights (like empire state, the statue, etc) cos I'm just too darn lazy if it doesn't have anything to do with dancing hehe, not much of a sightseer...but perhaps I'll try a broadway show this time

7. salsaForfun

salsaForfun New Member

will arrive on sunday in nyc. wil be at Jimmy's first and then last congress party

8. alemana

alemana New Member

the ESbuilding is cool once you get up there, but waiting in line is a DRAAAAAG, and if it's hot... forget it. more fun is the Circle Line boat tours, which give you a great view of the statue.

maybe i'll hook you up with that when you're here, Africana. i can't get enough of that tour.

9. africana

africana New Member

cool thanks ale, that does sound fun :)

great! we'll dance again :)

10. jenibelle

jenibelle New Member

I will be there all weekend...who wants to dance with me???

Jeni

11. sweavo

sweavo New Member

I can't believe it, been planning a trip to NYC and canada for weeks, moved NYC to the end of the trip to get in Jimmy Anton's social, then booked the flights, THEN heard about this! I'm gonna be in a car heading to Montreal while this is going on :-(

12. Legato Bluesummers

Legato Bluesummers New Member

Since I am unable to go...I hate you all. :)

13. salsaForfun

salsaForfun New Member

me but only if u dance with me ....

@africana : with pleasure

14. africana

africana New Member

jeni I'll dance with you :) I can lead a bit, ask alemana
    I didn't get to meet to meet you in Boston, so perhaps this time...

15. Beto

Beto Active Member

I just want to meet and dance with everybody so I don't know you and you see me talking to or dancing with Africana, please introduce yourself to me. :D

Here's a pic of my gf and I from July 2nd for future reference.
    [​IMG]

See you all in NYC at the congress!

16. alemana

alemana New Member

what's the back of that Tshirt say? :)

17. alemana

alemana New Member

africana? i will follow you anytime, provided you stay in closed position. any shines moment will result in my stepping graciously to the side and waiting.

18. genEus

genEus New Member

[SIZE=-1]"You Won't Know What Happen'd" :rolleyes:[/SIZE]

19. Reggaemambo

Reggaemambo New Member

Hey Jennibelle and all other fellow DF'ers,
    I have not been on here in awhile, I look forward to meeting and dancing with some of you at the NY Congress - I'll be there all weekend, aside from my class with Karisma on Saturday afternoon.

See you all in a few weeks :)

20. africana

africana New Member

OMG :lol: