Dancers Anonymous > Off-The-Wall

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cocodrilo, Jun 29, 2005.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

What is your totally off the wall observation for the day? Mine was just watching a commercial for a towel museum. :lol:

2. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Interesting that dogs LOVE to stick their head out the window of a car and have wind blowing on them at fairly high velocity, yet they get mad if you blow in their face.

3. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

yes so true. Gotta love the dog

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Aargh!!! :car:

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

On another thread, someone was discussing the moon and I have observed that in other cultures, the people see different things up there. Here's one that's off the wall- In Japan, they see a rabbit holding a mallet and pounding glutinous rice in a mortar! :shock: Wonder if there are any other cultures in which they see something totally mundane, like a human face! :lol:

6. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Why is it when you're totally insane with things to do, more and more things keep popping up...but when you have nothing to do, nothing comes along. It's always either crazy busy or dull and slow. :?

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Report about Japanese housewives' "secret money stashes" says the average savings is $20,000! In Japan, most men let their wives take care of the finances, and a lot of them "put a little away on the side" without their husbands' knowledge. :shock:

Another report said 56% of the (Japanese) population is (financially) needy. Maybe it's due to the above? :shock: :lol:

8. Sneaky Sneaky! :lol: I'm sure the Japanese wives aren't the only ones that share this ole pastime! :lol:

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I think you're absolutely right, GD!

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

But 20 grand IS quite a stash, isn't it? :wink:

11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

It is. I can think of many many many things to do with that pile of cash.

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Still perusing Livescience and found some other odd(and hilarious) facts!

"When ferrets watch the mind-bending movie 'The Matrix', brain activity is only slightly higher than when they stare at nothing."

Could it be Keanu Reeves' "wooden" acting? :lol:

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:doh: What?!? Where are you finding this stuff? And, more importantly, why? :wink: :lol:

15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

And therein is the answer young grasshopper... ask not "why?" but, rather, "why not?" :wink:

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: Well I guess she did say off the wall. :roll: :lol: :lol:

17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Actually, there was some other pretty interesting stuff there, like the world's 10 most dangerous animals... 8)

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Like the meerkat of death, right?

19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

World's Most Dangerous Animals

10. Poison dart frog

9. Cape buffalo

8. Polar bear

7. Elephant

6. Australian saltwater crocodile

5. African lion

4. Great white shark

3. Australian box jellyfish

2. Asian cobra (of the 50,000 worldwide deaths by snakebite annually, most of them can be attributed to the Asian cobra!)

1. Mosquito(2 million deaths worldwide annually, by malaria or other diseases)

Where's my DEET? :shock:

20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

In Japanese, the words for "husband" and "prisoner" are almost identical! For "husband", one says "shujin"(pronounced "SHOO-jin") and for "prisoner", just say the "SHOO" part a little longer! (Like "SHOOO-jin") :lol:
    It's true :twisted: !