Dancers Anonymous > Off-The-Wall

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cocodrilo, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Das ist gut, ja!

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Erotic scenes in the Bible? Noah drunk and passed out naked? David and Bathsheba? What? I'm so confused. :doh:

3. pygmalion

Oh. It looks like just nudes. I don't read German, but it looks like I guessed right on David and Bathsheba. (Actually I assume it says the Bath of Bathsheba -- when David was watching her bathe on the roof.) The Offering of Isaac(?) Lot's Wife (What's erotic about that? :lol: ) Adam and Eve. Hmm... Should be interesting.

4. diputs

diputs New Member

Up on top, there is an option to read the site in english.

I only see one picture, are there more.

5. pygmalion

Oh. Thanks. I'd missed the link. :oops:

I only saw the one picture, as well -- presumably Samson and Delilah. There's a listing of the other scenes, but, for some reason, they're in the original German. *shrug* Some are obvious, even to an English speaker. Others? Greek to me. :lol:

6. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Adam and Eve?

Rosa :)

7. pygmalion

Yeah. It just looks to me like they're depicting scenes from the Bible that either have nudity in them (Adam and Eve, Bathsheba's bath) or could have nudity in them.

Samson and Delilah's a reach, if you ask me. What the heck would she be doing, sneaking around with scissors (or the ancient equivalent) giving Samson a haircut while she's completely nude? Umm... :lol:

8. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I'm no expert on the Bible, but what about the dance of the seven veils? The story goes that Salome performed this in return for the head of St John the Baptist on a plate.

It must be one of the most erotic images ever, as, one by one, she removed those seven veils...

9. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Ich kann Deutsch.

Which ones don't you understand?

10. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Hadn't she just seduced him?

11. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Looks like they even included one that most Americans overlook: Lot's daughters getting him drunk and raping him. Gen 19:30-38

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Japan has decided to allow the importation of US beef, and the first shipments will arrive next week. US beef was banned several years back following the first BSE reports. Japan is a nation of beef lovers, and although they will be pleased to once again be able to buy reasonably-priced beef, there are mixed feelings. (I polled several groups I know, however most do not seem concerned.)

13. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I can't help laughing at the juxtaposition of these posts... Lot's daughters getting him drunk and raping him, followed by Japan allowing the import of US beef. :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. pygmalion

Hmm. I never considered it rape. Although I guess, if he was drunk, he couldn't have exactly given informed consent. *shrug*

15. pygmalion

That's not the conclusion I reached, last time I read through. I didn't get the sense that, immediately following seduction, came the haircut. He was out cold, yes? And she was sure. So I find it unlikely she was lurking about unclad for that length of time. It gets cold, ya know? :wink: :lol:

Although the seduction scenario is possible, I suppose. I've read the entire Bible what? Maybe ten times through, and the Pentateuch (sp?) many more times than that. But the last time was probably at least fifteen years ago, so the details of the account versus the fifties-era melodrama get a little confused. :lol:

16. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

It has also been argued that if he were really that drunk, then nothing would have happened anyway.

But they still forced themselves upon him without his consent and it was still incestuous. And God still rewarded them with sons, sons who founded nations.

17. pygmalion

lol. I just wrote that off as early Biblical stuff. Practically first half of Genesis (before Egypt) was incestuous. Had to be. There weren't those many people around. *shrug* Eh. Besides. That wasn't the only weird thing that happened. Methuselah lived 969 years. Abraham pretended Sarah was his sister and brought plagues (miscarriages, right?) on his hosts. Isaac got tricked into marrying Leah ... then married her sister, too. So what's the big deal if Lot's sons were also his grandsons? :lol:

And, btw, it's pretty unlikely Delilah was nude when the hair-cutting happened. She called in a bad guy to do it for her after Samson was already asleep. So I doubt she was parading around naked, although it's conceivable, since she was a prostitute and all. :lol: Amazing which Biblical accounts give tons of detail, when you consider how many accounts give virtually none. :wink:

Looks to me like these calendar people are taking a bit of poetic license. Like Lot's wife (I'm assuming we're talking about her becoming a pillar of salt) was in the process of fleeing the cities when she turned around and looked back. What're the chances she was planning to travel some great distance... nude?

*shakes head*

18. pygmalion

Is the US still blocking imports of UK beef? I haven't heard anything about this in a very long time. The US news media are bad that way -- no follow-through. :?

19. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Actually, I always wondered about that. So much incest has to be catastrophic for the human body, i.e. too many diseases that are incest-induced. We should all be sick by now, shouldn't we?
    Oh well. I never took the Bible seriously anway. It's just a big fairytale, like Greek mythology. Supposedly, it teaches stuff. Now I dunno what stuff it teaches. Incest? Polygamy? Deception? :rolleyes:

Twilight Elena

20. pygmalion

Hmm. We're on shaky ground, from my perspective, T_E. Yes. There are lots of interesting stories in the Bible. You can take them as myths or as history. I know some people in each camp and many in between. I also know some people who don't take it at all. Which is fine. To each his/her own.

As for what it teaches, I think it's a lot like other aspects of life. It teaches what you're open to learning. In my case, despite my lack of formalized religion at the moment (for reasons I won't go into,) the things I've learned from the application of Bible principles have, to a great degree, made me the person I am -- the one you "see" here on the net. So it all depends.

Either way, it's all good. :cool: :)