Oh My Aching Feet!

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 7, 2003.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Taken, with permission, from Terryl's Corner - Advice and tips for dancers

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I can really relate to paragraph two. When I switched to my current coach , he started me doing these endless footwork drills. Ouch! Big time foot and ankle pain. Not because I was doing anything wrong. I was just exercising muscles I'd never used that way before. And it hurt for weeks, until I got used to it. Not so bad, now. I have much stronger foot, ankle and leg muscles. Yay! :D

3. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

LOL @ "technician" 8)

4. pygmalion

Yup. Technician. But that's what I need right now. Technique. Big time. Later on, I can add someone to teach me bigger/better styling. But for now, technique, technique, technique. Ouch! :lol:

5. golddancer

golddancer New Member

LOL remember styling doesn't look half as good with out technique to back it up!

6. pygmalion

Exactly. Actually, since that post, I have started taking lessons once a week with someone to help me with styling. But my primary focus is still technique.

7. ziix

ziix New Member

shoe fitting.

Hi
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be adding to, but I'm desperately trying to figure out whether my new salsa shoes fit right or not. I went out dancing a few days ago with them and ended with blisters and sore feet. Is this because they're brand new and need to be "broken into"? When I bought them the lady that was helping me said they looked like they fit nicely, but now i've been reading that your toes should cover all of the sole..Mine don't completely. (they're open-toe~obviously) I know I have one foot bigger than the other and so the lady told me to favor that foot when choosing sizes.. :cry: So I'm crossing my fingers that the shoes will just need a few more tries! (I'm also planning on asking my instructor for help next time I see her.) Thanks in advance for any help or advice !!! :?

8. tasche

tasche New Member

Well breaking in your shoes wont make your foot any longer. They may fall forward in the shoe a little but your feet probably wont cover the whole sole any more after they are broken in.

I like to break in my new shoes by wearing them while I'm say typing on the computer so the heat of my feet will stretch them out

9. ziix

ziix New Member

Thanks that may help. I did go to the store where I bought them and teh lady (a different one thank god) suggested that I get heel grips. They seem to be working pretty well, I have a class tonight, so that'll be the real test! Thanks anyways.