Ballroom Dance > Videos > Oh wow we were videoed by a random

Discussion in 'Videos' started by WaltzElf, Jan 26, 2009.

1. WaltzElf

WaltzElf New Member

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Lovely!! seems the video person was into red - both you and the couple in the other heat (you were way better ;))

what does L2 mean?

3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Level 2.

That was good, Waltzelf. :)

There were a few collisions that I saw though, that can't've been fun.

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Okayyy
    what does Level 2 mean? :rolleyes:

5. WaltzElf

WaltzElf New Member

There are five levels of competition in Australia - Level 1 (lowest) through Level 5 (Opens).

It's unfortunate. I like to think we're stronger than just-above-beginners, and we usually are close to the top of competitions, but going through three partners in two years has slowed my progression through the levels a bit.

Thanks for the kind comments :) We saw so much wrong with our dancing thanks to that video, we're now working frantically to fix all the problems before the start of the comp season.

A few near misses, which were nothing new. The collision in the Quickstep actually hurt though as I copped an elbow in the back. But these things happen.

6. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Congrats, and this time your collar did not expand around.

Lots of collisions indeed. Are there rules for circulation (like for cars) or is this all unwritten?

7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

If you just divided the levels evenly Level 2 would be equivalent to silver here - but the couples seemed more advanced by comparision - more equivalent to our gold I think.

8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

ED, there are also Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels before you get to that. I believe from looking that the syllabi that our bronze is roughly equivalent to your silver.

9. WaltzElf

WaltzElf New Member

After level 1 we're not on a restricted sylabus any longer. A Level 2 couple could, if they wanted to, do the same figures that a opens champion does. Which is probably why level two looks "more advanced".

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

It could have been but I don't think it is - the frames and movement look much better than the averate silver couple in our area at least.