Ballroom Dance > Ohio Star Ball 2011

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Aug 4, 2011.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

just want to say that i have had the privilege of watching joe and skwiggy, latingal, debmc and dancerdol....and df is chock full of dancers that can hold their heads high

2. jump'n'jive

jump'n'jive Well-Known Member

That rhythm final was weak. Where was everyone? No Emanuel , no Jose , no ken or Christina , ummm seemed like it was more of a rising star final with the exception of a few couples

3. little_mouse

little_mouse Member

Please forgive this newbie question, OSB is still new to me:

When I look at the results, what is the difference between "World" results & "Ohio Star Ball" results?

4. CANI

CANI Active Member

Dancing bananas -- that must mean congratulations are in order -- CONGRATS!!!!!:D

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yes...the rhythm was a bit weak

6. aurae

aurae Member

Anybody used star streamer to watch OSB? How's the quality of live stream video? I just bought the Saturday night session. Hope it will not disappoint me.

7. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I was very pleased with it the other day, and plan to buy tonight's session, to watch the pro smooth.

8. Casey

Casey Member

People were extremely disgruntled last night - faces were blurry and the action was kind of strange, like a stop-and-go. But they put in some other "box" and got the Battelle Hall internet people to do something, so things improved. We were begging them not to do the fix before Am latin, though in case something went wrong. I didn't stay to watch the show dances, so can't vouch for whether things did get better. But someone who had watched Regency during the day said that was better. So tonight is sort of unknown.

The rhythm was flat from the video side, too. And does anyone know why Victor & Anastasia weren't there?

9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

YES! Scream, pregold and gold - literally jumping into a level I know nothing about...and ......thanks TanyaTheDancer, Fascination, DebMc - great meeting you and chatting, of 10 entries, I placed in 8, let me leap from the mountain top, 1st in VWaltz!! YEA! 4 2nds and 3 rds. Headed out to the evening show, should be great...Y&R are on my floor....yipeeeeeee!!! and my rotten phone does not work in this hotel, sigh.

10. aurae

aurae Member

Can somebody post the pro latin semi-finalists and their numbers, please?

11. Casey

Casey Member

Maurizio Vescovo [149] with Andre Vaidilaite
    Nikolai Pilipenchuk & Nataliya Skorikova (369, I think)
    Nikolay Voronovivh [479] with Maria Nikolishina
    Andre Paramonov [429] with Ms Natalie
    Daniele Gozzi [278] with Cecilia Giovacchini
    Delyan Terziev [237] with Boriana Deltcheva
    Andre Strinadko [373] with Tatiana Banko
    Riccardo Cocchi [430] with Yulia Zagoruychenko
    Yegor Novikov [443] with Yana Blinova
    Ivan & Loreta
    -- not sure of the other two - might think of them - there were a few couples not in the heat list in Winners Circle.

12. Casey

Casey Member

Pavlo Barsuk [269] with Yulia Kuznetsova - maybe?

13. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

no German and Ivetta?

14. Casey

Casey Member

Ivan Mulyavka with Loreta Kriksciukaityte - don't know their #

still don't have the 12th

15. Casey

Casey Member

Gherman & Iveta didn't dance. He sat in the front row w/ his Russian student, who sponsored the am ballroom.

16. aurae

aurae Member

Thank you Casey! I think I actually recognized (on the Starstreamers broadcast) the 9 you listed, LOL! Just couldn't pin down who's who for the other 3 couples... I saw some numbers in a split second but couldn't find them on OSB website heat list...

17. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

woot woot woot!!!! Hooray!

18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Holy cow, 3W! Congrats! :bouncy: :cheers:

19. CANI

CANI Active Member

Congrats!!!

20. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Can anyone share the pro smooth results?