Ballroom Dance > Ohio Star Ball 2011

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

:car: :rocker:

2. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Have two rooms for Friday-Saturday nights, at hotels across the street from the actual comp venue. Please PM me if interested in either room. Thanks!

3. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Did anyone got their mail confirmation?

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Moi.

5. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Mail confirmation????

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

3W...that is only if YOU sent in the entries...your pro will get one or not

7. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Are the pro shows formal dress for spectators? Its freezing in Ohio! Can't see wearing some little dress and heels to the show.....

8. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Friday and Saturday? Unless they've changed radically without TV, yes, dress up. If you're in any of the convention center hotels you'll never have to go outside anyway.

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

there really aren't pro shows, there are the pro events...and yes, bundle up...but a nice pant suit, or long gown is fine

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

E-mail. The standard formerly-mailed document was e-mailed as a Word or RTF file (I forget which).

11. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

DH has turned the key over in the ignition, the GMC Terrain is packed with my dress, luggage, food, etc. (ok, I admit I'm nervous he has my dress and accessories with him), he's out of the driveway,,,and headed on I-40 to make New Mexico this evening. Doesn't know where or when he'll turn north - he says "depends on weather and what there is to see on the way". hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ohio here he comes! (and for those pondering minds who want to know "TC" yes, the picture of the biggest ball of string is with him. lol.

12. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

:rocker:
    Yessss! Please post pics?

13. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Does this comp post heat lists online?
    Trying to figure out what time to do the live stream, when pro is dancing.

14. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

not going this year

15. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Leaving Monday morning for the entire week of Ohio, Monday to Monday. My suitcases will be super full, because when I leave Ohio the following Monday I fly to St. Louis to coach, then drive to my family home for the holiday in the middle, then fly to Miami to coach that weekend. Towing Isabelle along...

16. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

I don't think they usually post heat lists, at least not in advance. But there is a detailed schedule posted. So if you know what division your pro (or anyone else you might want to watch) is dancing, you should be able to figure out what day and what ballroom they are dancing in. :)

17. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Me neither. :( If I wanted to do Smooth, which might be worth the trip, I'd have to drive all night from a work meeting in Lansing to be there by Wednesday morning, then I'd be pro's only student for two days. Since there's no real point in spending the money JUST for Latin to make maybe one final if I'm lucky, it wasn't worth the trouble.

18. jerseydancer

Do you mean there is not going to be a heat list posted at all? How strange.Is there a reason for that?

19. jerseydancer

Yes, they always post heat list in advance on line, what is different this year? And the schedule is not that detailed, some events covered more and some just have a time range

20. jerseydancer

I have just realized the comp starts this Wednesday, they should have hit lists done by now, they have to get printed, so why not to post them on line?