Ballroom Dance > Ohio Star Ball 2011

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Aug 4, 2011.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

ohh good to know about the detours. will notifiy DH who is leaving Armarillo Tx and headed north. Good luck and safe travels, Alex, Heidi, Erica, Marilyn, Gina, Xiou! Wishing good thoughts for Heidi in Best of the Best tomorrow night!!! See you Thursday!

2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm glad you found an alternate route. I'm sorry I didn't think about posting about the construction until this morning.

Please everyone, be careful if you're driving in. Besides the I-670 project, there is major construction on I-270 on the SW part of Columbus. There was an article in the Columbus Dispatch recently about the the increases in crashes in the construction zones around the city.

3. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

This sounds fantastic!!! Hopefully in near future would really be enough rooms for all OSB attendees.

Wish everybody attending the best luck! I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday.

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that's where i stayed. check out their indoor/outdoor pool...great even when it snows. :)

best wishes to you fasc.

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thx lovie...doubt I will be in the pool before saturday (the hair ya know)...but mebbe then, if i still have a suit leftover in the bag from usdc

6. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Good luck to everyone competing!

7. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I'll be over on the NCC side! I'm hoping to come watch some Saturday during the day after my events end though.

8. Countess

Countess New Member

I don't understabnd why heat lists are not posted for Ohio Star Ball. It started today how long...anyone know the answer?

9. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I don't think they post them online. I am not even sure if they post the scoresheets online.

10. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

They usually post the heat lists in advance, IIRC. It's weird, this year. They also put up the results rather quickly, but not the scoresheets.

11. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Good luck to everyone competing, and specators - have fun!

12. tanya_the_dancer

I don't remember having the heat lists online for this comp. I was there 3 times before this one and I don't remember having them online. Too bad the scoresheets aren't going to be online.

13. Mengu

Mengu Well-Known Member

Last year, heat lists were up the start of the week. I suppose they figure, if you are at OSB, you have access to heat lists in the program. If you aren't, you don't need them. It would of course be considerate to have them available particularly since the event is on star streamers. And last year they did post results and score sheets. I imagine they will do so this year as well, but I'll ask to make sure when I'm there.

14. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Not true, last year hit lists and score sheets were on line until mid october this year

15. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I'm dancing pre-gold and gold Standard on Saturday, DH is almost there - bad back and all. Nowwwwwwwwww if San Pedro hwy doesn't fall into the Pacific Ocean I'm good to go with travel (silent prayer...ensues...don't slide, don't slide, slide-hill-slide AFTER Sunday - selfish but necessary lol).

16. tanya_the_dancer

Good to know, maybe that's an improvement from previous year. They weren't online in 2009.

17. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Yes, I am hoping to see the hit lists or at least the score sheets this year

18. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

First pro-am world Rhythm results now posted on Supershag site.

Cheers Chris

Pro-am RS Rhythm results now posted

Cheers Chris

World Pro-Am Bronze Smooth results posted.

Chris

Pro-Am Smooth Silver results now posted.Some famous DFERS in there.

Chris

Hi guys,

Pro-Am Best of The Best results are now posted on supershag site.

Almost forgot all rhythm results now posted.

Cheers Chris

All results and video now posted.To view go to official Ohio web site winners circle section.

Cheers Chris

Ohio Star Ball hosts the NDCA World Pro-am Championships and the World Pro Rhythm and Smooth Championships.I believe all other comps are The Ohio Star Ball Championships.Oh one other thing I think that the pro-am 9 Dance championships were the US National titles.

As far as the Rhythm just posted the video so decide for yourselves what you think.I actually enjoyed the comp but did think the showdance section was a little flat.

Chris

You can also find out the showdance results and see the costumes on the supershag site.

if you go to the winners circle page that Larinda provided which is results page then click on main winners circle page on the left hand side it will give links for result photos and videos.Enjoy.

Chris

You can find the results for Pro Rising Star Standard,Pro Rising Star Rhythm,Amateur Standard at the supershag site.

The videos you are looking for are up.
    Pro Smotth,Pro RS Standard and Pro Rs Rhythm video posted.

Cheers Chris

19. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I know that Yulia has a new dress sponsor (JOrdy) and they are going to be at their vendor booth doing some promotionals at some point (JOrdy has the event announced on Facebook), so I know that Yulia and Riccardo will be at Ohio, but I haven't heard if they will be dancing or not....

20. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Today's forecast....cloudy with a chance of showers before 3:00 p.m....high 54...low 31

Saturday I hope to be able to watch some of the dancing.