Dance Ads > Older dress for sale, $200

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by anp73ga31, Aug 26, 2011.

1. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Hello, all! I have an old, pretty, red standard dress with an attached float and wristband with a unique design on the right side(the float is attached to the dress and the wristband), as well as above the elbow gloves, all of which I got from Kat back in late 2007. I wore it twice in 2008 at Atlanta Open and Hotlanta, took 2009 and 2010 off due to financial reasons, then I wore it a third time in 2011 at Atlanta Open (when I was finally able to compete again!). It was originally made for a much taller, smaller lady, probably size 4, so my mom converted it from a strapless gown to a halter top gown which is now probably size 6-8 (hard to tell on dresses...in normal clothes I wear 4s, 6s, and 8s, and am probably a size 6 but dresses I tend to have to get larger for some reason) and fits a lady 5'1" to 5'3" depending on how long or short you like to wear your dresses. I am 5' 2 1/2" and the skirts come to my ankle so I wont step on them. It has three layers of chiffon skirts on the bottom, two of which are attached to a stretchy fabric on the top at the waist. The third layer starts at the top and goes all the way down to join the other skirts. This layer is stoned (heavily at the top, decreasing as you go down). Being chiffon, and not stretchy in the least, quite a few of the seams are pulling and trying to come apart (it must have gotten alot of wear before me, or either these types of dresses are just more delicate, not sure), though you certainly can't tell by looking at it and it wears quite well. I've gotten compliments each time I've worn it, but at this point its been three years and I just can't bring myself to wear it a fourth year. Not to mention that I wont be dancing until later next year (if at all) due to a financial hiatus. My thought on this dress is that it would be great for someone who needs alot of light siam and light siam ab stones. I originally bought the dress from Kat for $600, and it already had alot of stones on it, but I put at least another $200-$250 in stones on the dress so although some of the stones are old, alot of them are quite new and if you work the glue with your fingernails they will come off looking good as new with the silver back intact (I'm a picker, if any stone was half loose I'd pick it off and replace it, so I know this by experience, lol). Long story short, I am asking $200 for it which does not include shipping. Once I figure out how to attach pictures, there will be pictures up as well. Thanks!

2. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

See attachments for close ups and a shot of the front of the dress. It is also the dress in the pic to the left below my name.

Attached Files:

3. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Ok, trying again. I think it worked this time. These pics show the back of the dress as well as how nicely it flows around you.

Attached Files:

4. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

How did you convert it into a halter?

5. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Well, it was made for taller (and smaller) lady which helped. We didnt have to change the zipper or anything, which was great, and changing it into a halter also kept us from having to hem the three skirts (which was what horrified my mom the most!). We pulled the dress up so that the low back was around bra clasp level(or just below) and the strapless top was up at my neck then my mom figured out how she would need to cut it so she could taper it into the right shape in both the front and back. She had to add the collar to the halter and the small edging from neck to back (she used material from the part of the top that we cut off so it would match). I'll have to ask her further about the details, as being a typical child of a sewing mom means I dont know how to sew at all. lol!

I need to find the pic of what it looked like beforehand too. Its very interesting to see the transformation!

6. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Here is the before picture. Sorry, but all I could find was a picture from the back; I'll have to keep looking for the front pic. Anyway, note that the where the float attaches is down near her butt while in my pics it is at waist level or just below. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. somethingclever

somethingclever New Member

Is the dress still available?

8. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Yes, the dress is still available.

9. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Just wanted to mention that the dress was still available...it had a buyer but it didn't fit her quite right, so its back on the market...

10. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Decided to try and sell this dress again since I wont be doing any competitions this year or next. Selling it for $200, $225 if I have to ship it. See the prior posts on this thread for more info. I am just outside of Atlanta so if you are in the area I could meet you to try it on at one of the studios.

I also have an old-fashioned style red fringe latin dress (think flapper) with spaghetti straps that I took all the mediocre stones off of and added swarovski siam and light siam stones to. I have a flapper style headband and a feathery clip that would come with that, as well as some matching dance panties (two different styles) and a ribbon for the neck and a bracelet with matching stones on it that I made to go with it. $50 for this dress.

I also have some gorgeous red (pierced) swarovski earrings that would go with either dress for sale for $20 as well as a pair of Freed of London latin shoes that have only been worn a couple of times (my toes dont like the multiple straps over them but they have a really pretty piece that runs up over your foot with little clear stones on them). They are size 5 and I would sell them for $60 because they come with a black mesh bag and 6 pairs of flared heel covers. I will try to get pictures up shortly. Thanks!

11. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Here are the shoes...

Attached Files:

12. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Bad picture of fringe dress....I'll take a pic of the dress itself, maybe that will work. And the earrings...they just dont show up the right colors. They are siam ab which makes them look different colors.

Attached Files:

13. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Better pics of the fringe dress attached.

Attached Files:

14. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

One more pic of fringe dress. Black cat not included. :)

Attached Files:

15. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

what size is the red fringe dress?

16. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Are the earrings still available?

17. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

I think I have a buyer on the red fringe dress, I'll know for sure here shortly and will let you know. But I would say it fits a size 6 to 10, possibly larger depending on how tight you like your fringe dresses. It has more leeway from the waist down than it does up top.

18. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Not sure on the earrings; if the buyer of the fringe dress does not want them, they will still be available. I'll let you know.

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  19. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Earrings are still available. And I'll part with the standard dress for $150 plus the cost of shipping (I think it like $10 or $15? I'll check on that if anyone is interested). Thanks!

20. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Forgot to also say that the shoes are still available and I'd part with them for $50 plus shipping.