Dancers Anonymous > Olympics '06

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Jan 17, 2006.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I definitely agree with this!

Nope, she seems a bit too far behind to make up that kind of ground. Shizuka Arakawa is the only one who seems positioned to challenge for Sasha and Irina for the top spot.

2. SDsalsaguy

Oooo, Emily is now 7th overall at the lowest!

Edit: Albeit with the top 5 skaters after last night's Short Program still to skate. :wink:

3. alemana

alemana New Member

u know which up and coming american i like? that bebe, beatrice girl - she's gonna bring it!

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Of course, this is all going to finish whilst on my commute home. Bummer. I gotta sit next to someone with a Blackberry!

5. wyllo

wyllo New Member

Oh, I don't know, competing on the Olympic stage would be enough to reduce me to a nervous puddle of goo. :D

6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

oh boy....she fell.

7. lynn

lynn New Member

yikes, sasha fell twice...

8. SDsalsaguy

Well, that's the end of that... Shizuka Arakawa just blew past her in the marks.

9. alemana

alemana New Member

oh no! wjhere are you watchign this?

10. lynn

lynn New Member

11. SDsalsaguy

Oh, me too, no doubt! I was just poinitng out that she didn't have a lot of other people's expectations riding on her the way that Michelle Kwan would have or the Sasha Cohen did.

12. lynn

lynn New Member

Sasha got 183.36 and Shizuka Arakawa is 191.34 - quite a large gap.

13. SDsalsaguy

14. lynn

lynn New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's cuz they only update certain part of the article! A big no-no!!

15. SDsalsaguy

Well, Cohen looks like she'll end up with the Bronze now... unless Kimmie Meisnner totally blows up the scoring or Irina Slutskaya tanks even worse than Sasha did (which seems highly unlikely).

Does it strike anyone else as strange though, that a bronze medal *at the freakin Olympics* is seen as a poor result???

16. lynn

lynn New Member

not to mention even if you've won silver, it's considered that you've "lost" the competition!

17. SDsalsaguy

OK, Kimmie is now in 5th with only Irina left to dance, so Sasha has the bronze locked up.

As a team the US did really well I think: 3rd, 6th, and 7th!

18. SDsalsaguy

Holy crap!!!! What the he!! happened??? Shizuka = Gold, Sasha = Silver, and Irina = Bronze??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

19. wyllo

wyllo New Member

You do end up with some interesting situations. I remember seeing a medal ceremony where the bronze medalist was crying for joy and the silver medalist looked completely devastated at not have won the gold. Then there are the countless athletes who never had a prayer at winning a medal yet who fulfilled a life-long dream by just being at the Olympics.

20. alemana

alemana New Member

the japanese woman won? yay!