Dance Ads > 'Open Flame' by Lyn Wallander

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by DancerForLife, May 13, 2009.

1. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Hi there,

Up for your consideration is a beautiful smooth gown, made by Lyn Wallander.

The body of the dress is made of flame crepe. Mock turtleneck, cap sleeves and nude inserts add a bit of Asian flare to this gown. The abundant stoning creates a look of flames by using multi colored stones around the nude mesh. Small X's connect the top to the skirt. With built in panties; and bra cups to be attached to fit the wearer.

Best fit for US 4-6, heights 5'5" - 5'7", B cup. Measurements should be around 34 - 26 - 36, with some stretch. Easy to shorten. The dress has never been worn - owner changed mind after buying the gown. Purchased for $ 2,197.50. Listed on Lyn's Sold Dresses site at http://www.designsbylyn.com/store/sold_gowns/open_flame/.

Asking $ 750, open to offers. Helping friend sell the dress who is looking for a quick sale. Please PM, or post a reply. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Hi all,

Price lowered to $ 500 o.b.o. Any leads / recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you!

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

gorgeous...I truly wish I had the abds for it...at that price I would buy it in a new york minute and dh would have to get over it...fab dress!!!!!!

4. Me

Me New Member

Yes! I received it today and it fits perfectly - I was afraid that it might not be flattering for my short waist, but it actually elongates my torso. Thank you so much for the steal. The gown is fantastic!

5. TAK

TAK Member

Two new acquisitions in the same day, Me? So jealous! :D

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ever time i see this thread i always think it's an inflammatory forum post by lyn wallander, and i always have to remind myself that it's the name for a dress. :)

7. Me

Me New Member

Yeah... I've been spending that money! But, I guess I am always costume shopping so that when I see a great deal, I can pounce on it. :) Both of the gowns are completely perfect for me so I'm very pleased. Great piece of luck! So much of the time when I buy a gown online it turns out to be a bit off on the size, or doesn't flatter me, etc.

8. Me

Me New Member

Uh... Can I wear this at USA Dance competitions? I am reading the rules book and it seems that two piece dresses are not allowed in smooth/standard? I mean, both pieces are very connected, but there is definite skin there...

I guess I need to read the rules more carefully. I had no idea you couldn't have a two-piece dress in standard/smooth, LOL

9. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

What level/age group are you dancing, Me?

10. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Was going to ask the same question.
    But I have to say, last USA National we could not dance a semi when called back because of a costume violation, and we dance Sr level where restrictions are laxed. I will never again come even close to questionable costumes, just not worth it. Save it for a NDCA comp.

11. Me

Me New Member

These would be for open adult...

I'm thinking you're right - That it is better to be safe than sorry.

The rule book is sometimes confusing to me. I am assuming that this piece right here means that no two piece outfits for smooth are allowed in any level or category, correct?

[​IMG]

So I'm thinking, this dress is a no-go?

[​IMG]

12. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Technically the dress is connected, but still appears to be a two piece. If you are going with the plan on wearing it, I'd have a back up plan ready to go. NDCA no problem, but USA Dance might be one...

13. Me

Me New Member

Yeah, see... and that is where this rule worries me:

[​IMG]