Other Than Dancing...

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Spitfire, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

We have had a number of discussions on why we enjoy our dancing and how it makes us feel, but is there anything else you do that provides a similar feeling? I often get a similar feeling when I'm traveling cross country in my vehicle; particularly through spectacular country.
  2. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Yes, when instructing an impaired "first time" adaptive skier - and the family or spouse - realizes - They can actually recreate outdoors together and travel to new destinations to discover the country ski spots, and smiles are never ending and the thank you notes are overwhelming.
  3. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I get this feeling when I am on the plane to Poland, about to see my family.
  4. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

reading something that is enlightening for me
  5. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Performing on stage i.e. singing.
  6. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

One intellectual: teaching, especially when I see looks of dawning comprehension on students' faces.
    One physical: being on, in, near, or under water.
  7. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Dancing for me is only a special-case of a generalized feeling - that of creative and adaptive learning experiences.

I get the same feeling when I solve a math problem, when I teach someone a new concept, when I'm able to communicate a paradigm-shift to a mentee, when I learn something new and experience that moment of exhilaration that happens when you 'get' something that was eluding you... in general, when I'm able to see a pattern in things and figure out how to ride that pattern...
  8. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Or writing.. when I start out with only a vague thought and the more I write the more ideas flow.. I enjoy reading back something I've written and liking the way I expressed myself.
  9. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Listening to music, but that goes with the dancing :lol:
  10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

When I'm painting. Sometimes it turns out the way I wanted, but just the feeling of making the colors spread across the canvas is wonderful.
  11. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

That feels great too. :)
  12. Aura

Aura Active Member

I love to sing and act. Provided the people don't take themselves too seriously, the fellowship is wonderful.
  13. Silmarwen

Silmarwen Member

Being anywhere near the ocean (or a large lake in a pinch), swimming alone (not in a pool) or super strong winds or storms at night. :)
  14. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

15. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Motor racing. Weird, but true. I raced karts as a kid and dancing (which I'm very new to) is the only thing that's ever come close to giving me the feeling I used to get from racing.
    cornutt likes this.
  16. chomsky

reading books...it took me many years to be able to enjoy them once again! It feels so nice...It's like I am free to discover the world...
  17. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Nature, being flat on the grass on a summer day, breathing in and out and smelling the fragrance of earth and grass and...the sky , the clouds, the birds the...
  18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

spending time with my kids
  19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

culinary creativity. and playing the piano.
  20. chomsky

attending lessons at the music school I used to go to when I was 14 in two months time...