Dancers Anonymous > Out Box vs Sent Items

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Sep 24, 2003.

1. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Hello!

I have been sending a rather large amount of PMs (actually one to each new member as they sign up) and I'm noticing that most of these message remain in my Out Box while a few transfer to Sent Items.

Is the Out Box where messages are held until the person PMd checks his/her messages? Once he/she checks his/her message then does it move to Sent Items?

Any thoughts/wisdom is appreciated. THANKS!

2. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

You are correct! It stays in out box until checked :D

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Just confirming that this is, indeed, the case. I actually do the same thing too dd...sort of funny how many posts there are sittig around in your out box, no?

4. SDsalsaguy

Quick follow up: There are currently 31 (!) welcome messages sitting in my outbox, dating back as far as late July. :cry:

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Thanks for the reminder . . . I just emptied ALL of mine!!!

6. SDsalsaguy

But you see Vince, if they were in your outbox (vs. your sent box) that means they hadn't been picked up/read yet!

7. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Thanks for the clarification. Another quick question...

Is there a time limit for how long items will stay in the outbox? Will they autodelete ever?

8. SDsalsaguy

Good question dd... as far as I am aware items stay in the outbox for eternity -- or at least some electronic semblance thereof. If I find out otherwise I'll let you know.