General Dance Discussion > Out of interest...how many of you dated another dancer you met through dancing?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by SwingWaltz, Mar 26, 2008.

1. rumblefish

rumblefish New Member

Me thinks hustlenflow secretly wants 'pro' to find out indirectly, e.g. through word-of-mouth via this forum. In any event, let's say 'pro' finds out, and they start dating, whatever. You have to be careful-you just might end up with what you hope and pray for...then life has a way of rewarding you the opposite way--you find out you don't like him as a romantic partner, and, then, it's a double-whammy because then what do you do? Geeesssshhhh...life's tough...just be careful, you might get what you hope for... :cool:

2. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

oh that's quite smart, actually, using DF to spread the word indirectly? lol. The advantage of public forum? "grin"

yes life is tough, there is possibility to get what you want eventually then realilze that's actually not what you want:( life full of surprises!!!

3. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

If the teacher is who I think it is, Laura, you'll love it. She knows her stuff -- the technical, the connection, the fun, the history.

DH and I had a few classes from her at a workshop. Based on the quality of that experience we are thinking of starting to take some classes at her alternate location ... not really convenient for us, but better than coming all the way to your area!

Now that we've actually ended our private lessons for a while, we're considering our options. About all we've decided for sure is that we should stick to only 4 nights of dancing a week. Two (Tuesday and Wednesday) are pretty much set in stone but the others are up for grabs. So many options ....so hard to decide .... but her class is pretty high on the list and likely to win out.

4. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

yes, that's what I meant. Sometimes I feel like my partner is hearing the music the same way I am, or envisioning what the dance should look like in the same way I am. So it does start out as an intellectual process even if it translates into physical movements.

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

exactly. :)

i had a standard practice partner for a month or two, and we were *so* on the same wavelength. it was an absolutely fabulous creative connection for both of us, and we could delight in each other's company for hours of practice. but there was no romance. we had a completely vibing intensity for absorbing/sharing information & working on choreo.

this hearkens me back to many comments i've made about there being different kinds of chemistry, which is a very complex thing.

6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Sooooo Sam, can't leave it there, why on earth did it end??

Chapter II......