Salsa > Overly aggressive dancers

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by danceguy, Feb 7, 2004.

1. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Mapleleaf,

Great story, I can certainly relate. 8)

I danced with one of those "demons" when I was first learning to dance. I was at a Ballroom venue and was partnered with what I thought was a sweet and kind lady until a Salsa came on...and then her true nature was unleashed and all I could do was hang on for dear life! :shock:

It was obvious she had spent a lot of time in clubs, but she was doing the wildest, craziest moves and I felt like I had been engulfed by a tornado. Oddly enough, she forced me to lead her through some multiple spins and other moves that I never thought I could do...but when I tried to actually lead her on my own, she was having none of that! :lol:

It was fun for one dance, but after a few more I had certainly had enough and polietly excuse myself to go check my body for damage. I'm quite sure she was a demon in more ways that one...but I didn't feel inclined to find out. :oops: :p :oops:

2. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

Don´t you just love it when that happens? :wink:

LOL!! Did you check for emotional damage?

Anyway, I´ve learnt to never fight against a tornado. Just go on for the ride and wait till it subsides. Eventually it does die down, I think... :wink:

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I'll be a demon, but then it is only to match the person whom I'm dancing with. I don't like that at all, anymore, personally.

4. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

lol.. :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess you are lucky she wasn't trying to hook up with you...
    Ahhh, I always think the same thing, if you are this beastly while dancing I really don't want any part of intimacy with you.

It feels horrible when I’m asking for something and the girl busts out 5 things of her own yanking my fingers along the way. There was this one time where I actually had to chase the girl in a circle because she held my hand so tight while spinning. I thought she was going to pull my shoulder out of socket. It was the funniest thing, I said, DAMN, I gotta catch up… and had to run a circle around her, back to the front before she had a chance to pull my shoulder off. What the #$@% was that! Ever since, I’ve acquired this great skill of pulling my fingers off the tightest of grips. My thumb has gotten quite strong from pushing death-grips away from my fingers. I think it looks horrible to have a thumb wrestling competition when dancing but hey, I rather look bad than lose a few fingers.

The worst dance I ever had was with one of my friends “girls”. She was taller than me, much taller; she was about 6’4’’. She said, I love the way you move, I want to dance with you, but I must warn you. I like to lead; I love to do my own thing she, strongly said. Say what???? I was the one with the hair all messed up running the other way, doing the moonwalk, hoping to get away from this lady. I felt that a polar bear had a hold of me and wanted to eat me. Talk about being scared… I truly felt like a Chihuahua running away with his chalupa, being chased by a wolverine. Sadly enough, I couldn’t get away from her until a couple of songs later when they decided to play bachata. Thank God, I’d never been happier to hear a bachata. When I got back to the bar, my friend was red from laughter… That fool, I have to get him back..

5. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

You know, if anyone ever sees me dancing like any of the follows in this thread, please just shoot me and put me out of my misery. :lol:

I've gotta stop reading this thread, the people in my office think I'm on laughing gas. :D :D Boriken, Mapleleaf, SG and others....I am soooooo sorry! :cry: :D :D

6. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Ha! As I recall, there wasn't any...I didn't find the lady attractive nor did I really like how she danced. I have suffered emotional damage watching from a woman I had a crush on dance wildly with some else though! :oops:

I dunno...some of those "man eater" types seem to get worse before they get better. As I recall I finally put the lady I mentioned through about 5 or 6 really fast spins and I think maybe she got the point...note the 'maybe.' :roll:

Perhaps we should start a new thread called "Chupacabra sightings on the Salsa dance floor." :shock: :p :shock:

Boriken - That must have been quite a night for you! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has to guard against broken fingers! Thank God I've studied some MA, I had a lady almost elbow me in the face the other day, and I had to pull off a lightning fast evasion technique to avoid losing a few teeth. :?

Here's an idea...introduce that wild Salsera to one of the overly aggresive Salseros that we were talking about.

Now that might prove interesting. :wink:

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

As long as I'm way far away from them or, better yet, not even on the same floor! :wink:

Might be fun to watch though...

Hey! :idea: I just figured out that we could turn this into a fund raiser to help get some of us DF salseros down to Australia! :D

OK, so here's what we're going to do: we'll round up all salseros and salseras we've been discussing, and then pair them up, Jack & Jill style. Then we'll start taking bets on each "couple" individually. Who's going to drive the other one off the floor first, him or her? After each round we'll repartner our litlle dance floor monsters until, at the last, we have a pairing of the truely horrific! I figure what with all the bets we'd be taking on this "tournament of salsa terror" we should make enough $ to hop down under... and in style at that! :twisted:

8. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: ! Please go ahead, SD! If you actually make a video recording of it, you might even get more $$ selling them on the net (so you guys can get here sooner)!

9. brujo

brujo New Member

Like bumfights , but con clave!

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Now that I like, "bumfights con clave" it is! They made millions marketing those too, huh?

Well OK then, maybe I won't have to resort to nefarious means to get down there after all! :D

11. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

sadly, it's not limited to salsa; there's a guy who frequents the derby in hollywood. he's built like a linebacker, probably about 6'3" 230 lbs. and he'll pick up and dip her parallel to the floor with no warning. i try to warn my friends anout him but that doesn't necessarily help; one time i watched him approach a girl, and despite getting turned down repeatedly, lift her off the floor and try to carry her onto the floor. i was so hoping that she'd kick him in the groin.

12. danceguy

danceguy New Member

SD, this is a great idea! And besides the Jack & Jills, there could also be an open comp for the most destructive dance pair!

Now, instead of Bronze, Silver and Gold levels, there could be the following divisions:

1. Bailarín Borracho
    2. Cocaína Que fuma Del Bailarín
    3. Bailarín poseído por el Diablo

And the grand prize could be some dance lessons so they learn how to not to injure people while dancing. 8)

This is genius! :p

13. MapleLeaf Salsero

Hi Peachexploration!

From what I´ve read from your posts, you could never become one of these girls (thank God). :D

We´re talking about a certain species of women who are hyperactive, eccentric, out of control and who blow up a storm (or tornado as SG put it) while on the dance floor. Fortunately it is a rare species and evenly distributed over the 5 continents. I only know two women who are like this and avoid dancing with them with all my strength. :wink:

14. peachexploration

:oops: :oops: Thanks MLS. :D

15. peachexploration

I needed a laugh today. This thread certainly did it for me. Too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. MapleLeaf Salsero

SD, do you have a date for the "tournament of salsa terror" yet? I want to place my bets. :wink: Hmm... don´t want a front seat ticket though, I´d prefer to be as far away from the gladiators as possible... :roll: We can put SG in the front seat, he knows karate and can defend himself if necessary... :wink:

17. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Yep. We need this for 'the plan'....!

Date, anyone :wink: ?

18. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

I danced with a supposive 'trained dance instructor' the other night at swing that was so rough...he busted my thumb. I bite my nails and they bleed fairly easily...however, he didn't need to hold me that tightly...I follow well. He apparently was being a total technician and not really relaxing and enjoying the dance.

I felt beat up afterwards...

19. MapleLeaf Salsero

You mean he´s trained in busting thumbs? :shock:

20. redhead

redhead New Member

This thread is way funny!
    I actually have a friend who loves wild followers! I should mention he's 6'3, solid muscles... Anyway, I prefer elegant dancing, but sometimes a little devil gets into me and I agree to dance with this friend of mine. That feels like wrestling. Hmm, I just love the compliments he gave me yesterday - first was "I love your hair", and second... "I can tell you've been working out". :lol: