Salsa > Overly aggressive dancers

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by danceguy, Feb 7, 2004.

1. luh

luh Active Member

well, wouldn't be good if this is normal.
    dancing is about having a relationship on the dancefloor, this guy obviously did not understand that.
    luh

2. chandra

chandra New Member

I danced with a guy a while ago, who obviously wanted me to be a tornado. I was a newbie follow (still am :d) And he wasnt dancing any dance id ever heard of before. I dont have a problem with that if the guy has any patience, and this was a simple rythem so I was doing fine. At first. Once the guy realized Id gotten his style of dance down, He fully grabbed my hand by the wrist (not that nice genlte way some leads do) and proceeded to plant himself and spin me in a circle around him for the rest of the dance. When he was done, he said "you spin fast, that was awesome". I said thanks and collapsed out of breath on the floor near my friends. They gave me water and sympathizing looks. I vote him to be in the contest too!

3. luh

luh Active Member

sometimes i'm glad I'm a leader not a follower.
    luh

4. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Oh, gotcha. :D

5. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Oh heck. You know, I wonder how many leaders blithely go about doing obnoxious things on the dancefloor because followers just never tell them.

6. chandra

chandra New Member

Last night i was dancing LH with a guy who was throwing me around, and After a couple of swingouts, I said "I cant do that Im sorry, Im going to fall down" He shrugged, and grabbed another ther partner.
    I have completely crashed before whilst dancing, and Im not going to risk it again.

7. Sabor

Sabor New Member

i think salseros and salseras should mud wrestle :x

8. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

ROTF LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sabor, who's establishing the lead role in your signature? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my gosh! That has to be the funniest wedding cake topper that I've ever seen! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Sabor

Sabor New Member

LOL!.. yeah just a quick reminder for the guys who are interested/like to 'follow'.. u see what happens when women lead?! :shock:

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I prefer jello or chocolate pudding wrestling, thank you very much.

11. Sagitta

Not turned me away yet. You got to try harder sabor. :wink: :lol:

12. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

I danced with a salsera the other day. She has been dancing for a while but for some reason has never taken classes. Anyway, the other day she grasped my hands during the dance as if she was falling from a 10 story building. :roll: This really bothered me. I have told her time and again not to do that but she never learns... I never ask her to dance anymore, unfortunately she is always asking me. :shock:

13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention it... a follower that I see every now and then, and she is a trained instructor, is an incredibly physical follower. She will "take off" unless physically restrained by the leader. The first time I did an East Coast Swing with her, she rocked back so hard into my right arm that she spun me around the opposite way! I'm pretty strong, so now that the initial shock has worn off, I can dance with her and I do actually enjoy her dancing. However, it causes me to pick up bad habits. After a dance with her, I have to be careful not to "muscle up" on other partners.

14. chandra

chandra New Member

lol, maybe its from dancing with all the newbies who wont go where you tell them to :twisted:
    (jk)

15. Sagitta

:lol: