General Dance Discussion > P a n t y h o s e

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by MissAlyssa, Aug 17, 2003.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yay, SamanthaDance. :cheers: Welcome to the poster's club. 8) :D

2. Blondie

Blondie New Member

Thanks for the suggestions on pantyhose. I forgot to mention that I want them for rhythm/Latin dancing (competing) when I wear shorter dresses that show more leg. Our studio frowns on shiny pantyhose, and I think Sheer Energy are very shiny on the dance floor. I've seen some shimmery legs at various comps, which does not show well.

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yay!!! Welcome to the family of active posteres SamanthaDance! :cheers:

4. Christina75

Christina75 New Member

I've seen the toeless stockings and hose advertised on several websites and I even saw some for sale at Walmart a few weeks ago. Has anyone tried these? Do they look strange if you are wearing a colored pair and your toes are obviously a different color? I'm not a competative dancer and don't know if I ever will be so I'm wondering if I should even bother to invest in anything more than regular panyhose. Any advise?

Christina

5. johndude

johndude New Member

my friend...she is a dancer....she gave me 4 pairs of pantyhose to wear when im snomoiblling and just to wear haha

6. pygmalion

Here it is. Take a look, if you haven't seen this thread before. Some good tips, and some hilarity too, IIRC. 8)

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I think I wore pantyhose back in 2002... :roll:

8. pygmalion

Sorry. There was an errant pantyhose advertiser on the loose this morning. :evil: So I decided to give folks a non-commercial alternative. :wink: :lol:

9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

BTW, what ever happened to that guy who was into women's hosiery? The questions that guy posed were riotous, to say the least!

10. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

So fishnets are the thing for Latin? D'you think they might be a bit too much for a girl my age? (I have this samba choreography to do, if anyone recalls)

Twilight Elena

11. pygmalion

lol. I'd forgotten about him. Hmm. I thought he was just an "ordinary" guy who happened to like ladies' hose. I bet there are a lot of guys like that. *shrug*

Yep. A lot of ladies wear fishnets for Latin. IMO, it's not too much for someone your age. You're about as close to a woman as a teen can get, IMHO. So go for it, unless the idea of fishnets makes you uncomfortable. They make your legs look nice and hide figure flaws and cellulite quite well (although you're only seventeen, so that may not be an issue. *shrug*) And they're very durable. More expensive than regular hose, true. But I still have my first pair undamaged, years later. 8)

12. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

TE, aren't you going to wear pants? If you are, your lovely fishnets won't be visible anyway. They do, however, sell fishnet socks, which might be a good alternative. Just make sure they aren't too scratchy since they usually don't have the nice ballroom solid footbed.

13. Twilight_Elena

Thanks. I'll make sure I get a pair. :D I wonder, though, is getting tan coloured hose such a no-no? Do they tear up easily?

Twilight Elena

14. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

TE, tan hose looks weird with open-toe shoes, IMHO. Especially if you have nail polish on your toenails, but even if not, I think that sandals=bare feet or fishnets. Otherwise, what's the point of sandals??

15. Twilight_Elena

Point is that it's Latin and you HAVE to wear open toe. You can wear closed toe too, sure, but it's much better for tango than for Latin.

Twilight Elena

16. pygmalion

They shred. Edit: Unless you get reinforced toe hose, which are a total and complete no-no, in sandals, IMO. Inside court shoes, nobody'll ever know. (Just an aside, in case you decide to do standard at some point. 8) :wink: )

17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I guess in latin BALLROOM women wear hose, but I can't say I've ever seen a woman wear hose when dancing a performance of salsa, merengue, or bachata...

18. pygmalion

Um... with all due respect, cocodrilo. T_E does ballroom. And in ballroom comps and exhibitions, bare-legged usually doesn't happen. *shrug* Two different worlds. :? 8)

19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

All the ladies doing latin in Jonathan's photos seem to be bare-legged. Are you referring to other dances?

20. pygmalion

Wow. That's nasty. Wonder why. 8)