General Dance Discussion > P a n t y h o s e

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by MissAlyssa, Aug 17, 2003.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Actually, it's sexy! With the skimpiness of the costumes it would be impossible to hide any stockings in there! 8)

When I dance street latin, there is nothing more gross than the feel of sweating inside a pair of stockings. I wear knee-highs with my jazz shoes but never stockings, even with a dress...

2. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

I do see a lot of professional latin dancers and amateur dancers wearing fishnet (nude) during competitions.......

3. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

For one thing, I do BOTH ballroom and salsa, bachata, merengue. I'm an all-combo girl. :D :p Secondly, ballroom does include smooth dances over here, so I also do foxtrot, waltz and tango except for latin. And since hose is a no-no with open toe, my only choice is fishnet. :D :? :shock: Boy, am I gonna get comments...

Twilight Elena

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Why? Do fishnets have some negative connotation, where you are? If so, why not ask one of the more experienced dancers at your studio what they recommend. 8)

There's actually a pretty lengthy discussion of the whole hose issue at another forum. Lots of tips and pointers. Hmm. I wonder if it's accessible. I'll see if I can find it, and PM you link. 8)

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Actually, it's quite common in Latin ballroom.

6. pygmalion

Damn! That's $22.50 wasted. :wink: :lol: Yeah. I guess, if you wear a size zero, you can get away without needing to disguise your jiggly bits. :lol:

7. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

Correction: it's quite common to skip hose in ballroom latin if you're TANNED. Once you're wearing five layers of self-tanner, hose would be excessive, but pasty legs do need a little something, even if you are a size 0, IMHO.
    That said...
    I'm not a size 0 and I do have pasty legs and I don't wear hose anyway. Hose annoys me, and if anyone doesn't like my pasty legs (or jiggly bits! :lol: ), they don't need to look at them! :twisted:

8. Twilight_Elena

Jiggly bits... :lol: :lol: :lol: ROTFL! *cackles*

Twilight Elena

9. IsabellaCruella

IsabellaCruella New Member

I never wear pantyhose. It is so consuming and i feel as if I am beeing swallowed by fabric. Sweaty, tight and uncomfortable. No tights is sexier and cooler.
    What is the point of dancing in tights when you are uncomfortable??

10. Twilight_Elena

Not all tights are uncomfortable. Some are good for hiding jiggly bits, as pygmalion said. And some are pretty sexier than naked, pasty legs.

Twilight Elena

11. pygmalion

And not all people are uncomfortable in hose. *shrug* To each her own. 8)

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Yeah...you know those black ones with the seam up the back of each leg? ;)

13. Twilight_Elena

I do know those. Very "Chicago" lookin'. :wink:

Twilight Elena

14. pygmalion

My Mom swears by those. Of course, she grew up when only stockings (not pantyhose) existed, and I believe her first stockings were pre-seamless and pre-nylon (at least for public consumption.) Very sexy. A necessity for her generation, though.

15. Twilight_Elena

Then I suppose you'd know where I can find a pair? :D

Twilight Elena

16. pygmalion

To dance in? Try dancestore.com -- they have the seam-backed pantyhose and also stockings, if you want a little more authentic look.

If you're just looking for stockings to wear (which might be less sturdy than the dance variety,) my last pairs I got at Fredericks. But I've also found some at regular department (not discount) stores. 8) The seam back ones are more difficult to find, these days, but virtually any department store I got to has thigh-highs without seams. 8)

17. pygmalion

Just checked. Fredericks has the stockings with or without back seams on their web site. Very sexy, IMO. :wink: 8)

18. Twilight_Elena

Indeed. Checked them too. Cool stuff. I'll check my local lingerie shop and see if they've got them.

Twilight Elena

19. Nubina

Nubina New Member

I apologize for my ignorance, but what does IMO stand for? :oops:

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

IMO = In My OPinion

:cheers: :)