General Dance Discussion > Paid dance Social/event with your dance teacher for the entire event time?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by anntennis, Aug 5, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

cuddlecuddlecuddle...why do all the wonderful men involve an airplane?

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

3. fascination

what did you fix ;)?

4. fascination

I think I said getting my flirt on from time to time was an irresistable force and he (gallantly) countered that I was an irresistable force...I sincerely hope he was flirting ;)

5. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

In this case, it's very beneficiary to the male dance instructor, if he gets more students from your party, he actually owe you a big "thank you"

6. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

Because social dancing is fun! Especially with a very good partner. :)
    Ditto! At least on the latter. Not so much on the former... :sigh:

7. Terpsichorean Clod

It's a Joe-ism.

8. Terpsichorean Clod

Well, they're smart enough to know that if they were closer, they wouldn't be able to resist you. ;)

9. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

I hope so .... I am really thinking about this. LOL

To the point I spoke with him briefly on it and he is open to the idea.

I have more than 5 of my friends who are very interested (that actively were like, I need to go with you and learn).... we will see. .... I want to do a showcase in the fall. I asked and he said ok. So I am going to have my family and friends there. (somewhere around like 25 or more people) Plus it is a dance too in between the shows. So MAYBE he can get them out there and show them how much fun and worthwhile it is. I have already lost weight from dancing (still a ways to go) so THAT is a huge incentive for my girlfriends to see and such too. Ah the blessing of dance ....

10. Terpsichorean Clod

I think you should come over here. :) Of the ten social ballroom venues I've been to in my area, only two are overwhelmingly couplish/BYOP (Bring Your Own Partner). At the other studios, the majority of people come (even with their spouses or SOs) ready to mingle.

11. fascination

remind me to thank SD properly for making you a mod

12. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

TC, I've never been to San Fran, so sounds like a plan! :D

13. Terpsichorean Clod

:kissme:

14. Terpsichorean Clod

:nope: Perhaps the intention was to rhyme, but the locals will do horrible, unspeakable things to you if you refer to "The City" as San Fran (or Frisco). ;)

15. Terpsichorean Clod

16. QPO

QPO New Member

Most of the dance teachers that I know, are a couple, so I don't think they would be fore hire for a night. But I would know some women who would use the service if it was available, Does it come with a foot rub after ;-)

17. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Was just being lazy and not typing out the whole name...;)

Think it is funny that you refer to it as "The City"...I leave in NJ, so the only "The City" I thought there was was New York...

18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Not even. It's fairly common.

19. fascination

though around here you are the most frequent user by far

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Most of the pros I know who do this or have done this regularly are married or partnered. The one has nothing to do with the other. We're not talking about hiring a *date* for a night...it's just a couple hours of dancing.

Otherwise it'd be like saying, "Oh, he can't work at the office tonight because he's married". I think because of the one-on-one nature of this work, it's easy to lose sight of the fact it's a profession.