Salsa > Parental disapproval

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by thespina13, Oct 2, 2006.

1. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

As for skeeviness... I can understand that. ;) I'm glad though that we'll be spending most of our time dancing and in workshops. and that both of us are discreet, respectful and have no intent other than to dance and learn.

2. sweavo

sweavo New Member

Men are frequently reduced to the even smaller definition of "no purpose". At least women cannot be reduced to less than "mother".

3. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

LoL.. wanna bet? I don't think we want to go in this particular direction. At any rate, everyone can be made to feel like nothing. It's no good.

So I'm in Toronto now, ridiculously early after having gotten off the red-eye from Edmonton. I cried when we got here, because I was so happy. This is like the first thing I've ever really chosen, from the bottom up, and followed through with. This is so exciting, so mine, so totally GOOD, that all doubt or guilt that was perhaps tingling the edges of my conscience is now fully evaporated. I'm more tired than I've been in a long time... but this feels so good. In that "I know this is good for my soul" kind of way. My husband had nothing but supportive sexy things to say when I left, and my mom got all giddy when she dropped me off at the airport. I'm going to suck the marrow out of this thing.

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you're there. Have fun!!!! :bouncy:

5. englezul

englezul New Member

I saw that movie once...it was called Predator.

6. naturallove

naturallove New Member

Have fun! Definitely take the classes from Ismael, Ana and Joel, and Hacha y Machete. If you've budgeted for a private, go with Ana-you will NOT regret it!

7. GayleR

GayleR New Member

Welcome to the city. We ordered up the perfect weather for this weekend...clear, cool and sunny. Are you going to the opening event at Six Degrees tonight? Hope to see you over the weekend. Have fun!!! Sounds like you deserve it.

8. Josh

Josh Active Member

agree! hear hear!

preach it!

you go girl!

er... well, 3 outta 4 ain't bad. :cool:

9. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Haha. Well done, Josh. :) Hilarious.

10. sweavo

sweavo New Member

*falls off chair*

11. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

ROTFLMAO.... Josh, you're priceless. YOu know, I'll please you... i mean... my man in bed, as long as you please me too. In ALL the right ways. Heheh.

Wait... maybe I see my dad's point.

12. pygmalion

Your description was pretty funny, too, Thespina. It's like you must've had a woman's magazine in hand while you were writing. Cupcakes? Check. Packing healthful and cute lunches that kids like? Check. Organizing closets/sock drawers and generally becoming more tidy? Check. Sex tips (oops! gotta call them "love" tips on the home subscriptions, lest little kiddies get clued into Mommy and Daddy's ... activities lol ) Check and double-check.

Too funny. :lol:

13. sweavo

sweavo New Member

ALL of them? No fair!

[For anyone who hasn't already read it a million times:]

14. pygmalion

Yes. I've seen it before. But it always good for a laugh. :cool:

15. raindreamer

raindreamer New Member

Well, I can't comment on your specific situation, but I have to say that your parent's approval or disapproval does matter if you are living under the same roof as them. When you are on your own and are financially independent, it doesn't matter what they say, but as long as you live with them, no matter how old or young you are, you should respect and obey them.

As for the whole family approval thing, I think that I would never do salsa if it offended my wife or children. Actually, the reason I wanted to learn salsa in the first place was because I was thinking of my future wife, and I wanted to be able to dance with her. I know lots of men who for whatever reason don't dance with their wives, and I felt sorry for them, so that is why I wanted to learn salsa, so I know how to dance when I finally find my special girl...

Some people talk about how sensualous (if that is a word) salsa is, but to tell you the truth, it doesn't mean anything if you are not in love. I see every single girl I dance with as just a practice until I find my ultimate love who I will dance with. No matter how beautiful or amazing the girl is, I see her as nothing more than an opportunity to get experience for the day when I find the girl I truly love.....

16. Josh

Josh Active Member

thes, what would my girlfriend say? ahh, she's cool, no worries-- grrrrr... :raisebro:

17. nycsalsero

nycsalsero Member

I am the same way with all my dances...

18. raindreamer

raindreamer New Member

Salsa is fun and feels good, but if it's not love, it doesn't mean a thing...

19. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Love is a big word and can encompass so many forms, rain. On the dance floor, I feel like it's one of the rare places I can truly be free, honest and peaceful. I can feel love coursing through me. It's coming out of ME. I feel like when I'm dancing, I can radiate love... and it means so much. I feel like love is something I can share with humanity. I can share love with a female lead (a lot of which i saw in Toronto, actually...), I can share love with a friend, I can share love with myself, I can share love with my husband. Agape, filos, eros, and everything in between.

Consequently, something big happened when I started learning some traditional african movements... there is something bigger and more connected to something powerfully, earthly, universally spiritual and life-filled in those movements. I feel like the dance ITSELF stands on its own as its own meaning, its own power, and it's almost magical in a way. It creates a life-force, it expresses love, and it explodes art and passion all over the place. I don't want to wall myself off from experiencing that based on with whom I am or am not dancing.

20. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I'm soooo with you, thespina. That's exactly the way I feel when I dance -- I couldn't have put it better :cool:.