General Dance Discussion > Partner Stealing Game

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Oct 23, 2003.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Have you ever played that game where you try to sneak up on someone and smoothly steal their partner leaving them empty handed? For example...stepping in at the end of a cross body lead.

I always thought this was a lot of fun, especially among friends.

2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

It is fun... although I've never been very smooth with it!

3. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

I like to be on the recieving end of it. It's so much fun. :D

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

We kinda do that in Hustle . . . there is usually three of us dancing . . two leaders and one follower . . . and we pass her back and forth or "steal her" without losing or dropping the beat . . .

Boo . . . I can't imagine why you "like to be on the receiving end of it." :roll:

5. dancergal

dancergal New Member

A friend of ours does this all the time in CW two-step. He smoothly steals the other person's partner, and leaves the surprised man with the other one. It's loads of fun, espcially when the guy figures out how to smoothly steal her back!! Since we're moving around the dance floor in two-step, it's easy to steal. :D :D

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Do it in salsa fairly often... BUT it can be a problem! Some guys, at least in the salsa scene, view this as just one more venue to show off as opposed to a fun game where the purpose is still to show the woman off. As such, I tend to restrict it to oprtunities when it's with a guy I know and then we pass her back and forth as well as steal her (all on beat...of course!).

7. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

it's best among good friends

8. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Oh don't get me wrong, stealing is a favorite past time of mine as well. But being stolen makes me feel...well..um..special :oops: and like I'm worthwhile to dance with. :roll:

9. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Agree with SD 100%!

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Hmm...is this a slasa difference only?

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I don't think I'd have the nerve to do it to someone that I didn't know . . .

Doing it (???) during a 2 Step sounds like fun Pam . . .

12. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised. Seems like there are a LOT of egos in the salsa scene.

13. dancergal

dancergal New Member

My friend mostly does it when he knows one of the people dancing, but sometimes he doesn't always know the other. What fun when you see the look on their faces when they realized they'd be stolen!!! Especially if the guy didn't know him and he stole his girl!! :D I've been on both ends, I've been stolen and I've been stuck with another guy I didn't always know when my partner stole another girl and took off dancing. Quick way to meet someone new!! ha ha!!