Salsa > People Dancing by Themselves @ The Clubs...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Matrix, Aug 8, 2005.

1. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Flirting across miles and oceans is a time-honoured DF tradition. Just ask DP :wink: :roll: :lol:

2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:doh: :lol: So says one of the main instigators! :lol:

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I don't instigate... I merely respond when invited... like a good follower :mrgreen: :wink:

4. Houdinni

Houdinni New Member

But MacMoto is mostly hidden in her avatar... You have to admit that BrookeErin's tummy is something to be passionate about... ;)

5. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Very interesting statement, and I believe I understand what you mean.

Also my father taught me this from a different perspective. He said that all I really owned was my integrity. ;)

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Tritto. :)

7. Sagitta

A friend of mine always says that I'm like Marc Anthony Perhaps you guys can check my photo album and give me a second opinion?

8. DancePoet

Ok, why is it that you feel so strongly on this?

:shock: imagine I come closer and they lash out at me!

why do you think that in my story I simply turned around and ignored the whole thing... :lol:

that was a funny story, btw, I even had a good laugh at it... and of course, it was more fiction than anything else.[/quote]
    Ok, couple of things ...

1. If they lashed out, then you've done your best, and perhaps moving on is the best policy and it sounds like you have. Well done. You can only be responsible for you own happiness not their's. :D

2. If the story was more fiction than anything else, it is difficult to take you seriously regarding how strongly you felt, and as a result, you end up hurting your own integrity with other posters who aren't happy with you at this point. We'd like to continue having you as part of our community here at DF, and I understand your frustration with how you feel you have been treated so far, but we are giving you ample opportunity to be taken seriously. I want you to know that this moderator has a list of at least five other posters that he has moderated in reference to interactions with you, and the moderating staff is committed to trying to treat all posters as fairly as possible, yet it is very difficult to not take their concerns seriously when your actions may set up situations that others can't take seriously based on what you do here and elsewhere.

Anyway, if you remain diligent in repairing your integrity here, then you will be fine. :D

9. DancePoet

And another fine picture. :D

And a tan could be unhealthy anyway, so you are just fine to me. ;)

10. Sagitta

True true... :)

11. DancePoet

I'm sure you can handle it. ;)

Pacion and Sabor have been having at it across the Mediteranean, and I've struck up flirts with MacMoto across the Atlantic, and Dancing_feet across the Pacific, and even with Peach from New England to Florida. :D

12. DancePoet

Ah, but flirting is all in the mind. ;)

;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

And may we flirt long and full of laughter. :D

13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

people may dance solo for different reasons .. so, we cant generalize if it 'good or bad' unless u have a background and preferably present to see it..

i like dancing by myself on the side sometimes.. its just a mood.. the beat demands a solo cause its too fast or musically complicated for the follows present at that instant to be able to keep up when u wana sort of rip out.. or the ones that can handle it the way u want it are presently taken etc.. . so.. ends up u hit it solo cause u got dish the mojo out 8)

14. africana

africana New Member

Sag as I pm'ed, I have to be assigned the blame for all the "airing out" not Big10, because I am the one who linked in the other website were Matrix attacked some random girl for the same issue - and I immediately saw the connection that others may not have seen. Hence the airing out :x it's just a small symptom of frustration

But I'm now trying to follow pygmalion's wisdom and ignore the annoyance, but if these types of posts continue I won't be responsible for the "tainted air" surrounding DF these days

15. Matrix

Matrix New Member

I've not attacked... only commented on a topic that, judging by all the replies of people saying they also have people who do this in their city too, is something common in many salsa scenes of the world.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Matrix
    Dance-Forums.com :D

16. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

Yeah you can say THAT again!

17. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

goodness.... I barely know how to respond to all of this... :oops:

Thank you for the compliments, boys... and nice picture Houdinni
    No reason to be jealous, just ask me to dance! I've had guys in the past tell me they are too intimidated of me or that I might be dating one of the guys I dance with.... with the frequency that I change partners... :shock: ...if my dating life was half as interesting as people *think* it is, I might have had a date in the last 6 months. It's all silly... I just want to dance.

Tacad, Monday, I am belly dancing at the State Fair. I was supposed to do it Monday and Friday, but I have an interview on Friday. I might actually show 3-6" of my belly for that performance and that's fairly riske for me. But we all know that the hip scarf of coins is the sexiest part of any belly dancer's costume.

18. Houdinni

Houdinni New Member

Were I only able to catch a flight right now to the US, you'd be receiveing invitations for dances left and right... But since I'm going to Barcelona, and Scotty isn't yet able to beam me up...

Strange to think that people are actualy shy to invite you... A beautifull girl that on top of that actually knows how to dance...?! :shock: That's priceless! In here you'd have a steady strem on people making lines to dance with you...! :roll:

19. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Don't worry Sabor. :roll: If I saw you dancing solo, I will ask you to dance. :roll: wouldn't want anyone to think you were weird :twisted: :wink: :lol:

20. tacad

tacad New Member

Hmmm. Maybe there aren't many players in BrookeErin's scene. If there's a lot of regular guys then I could understand.