Salsa > People Dancing by Themselves @ The Clubs...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Matrix, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Big10

Big10 Member

My apologies, Sagitta, since I have great respect for you and this forum. I generally avoid addressing Matrix, and I have done so only twice on this forum. Once was to defend the moderators, and the other time is quoted above, which was intended to defend a dance friend. I sincerely apologize if I was overzealous in doing so.

Sincerely,
    Chupacabras10 :wink:

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Much respect to you, Big 10. :notworth: I think you have conducted yourself with style and lots of class. 8) :D

3. Big10

Big10 Member

Oh, so you've already seen pictures of me in my guayabera? :wink:

4. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: Not yet. Looking forward to it, though. :wink: 8)

5. tacad

tacad New Member

Good luck on both! :D
    Don't kid yourself. :wink:

6. mambochino

mambochino New Member

so who are you to say this behavior is ok or not? And who are you to judge?

7. pygmalion

With all due respect, mambochino, this thread and a couple others have already explored your questions fully ... over and over ... and over. :?

My view? Judging somebody else as weird or disrespectful or intrusive or argumentative or anything else is an exercise in frustration. Live and let live, in my view. Hint hint

8. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. brujo

brujo New Member

In this culture we are too obsessed about this whole idea of 'PARTNER' dancing. Why do we need permission from other people to move to the music? Why do we necessarily need a partner?

When I was in Havana, a guy there was telling me how many tourists would come into the bars and just stand by the side, smile, take pictures and not move to the music. To him, this was really really strange. Why would someone not be moved by the music? I looked around, and noticed that half the bar was dancing by themselves, girating and dancing to the music, while only six or seven couples danced, usually tourist / local pairs.

10. mambochino

mambochino New Member

With all due respect, there is always more than one side to judging things or asking a question. Sometimes a question is not really a question >:)

11. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

The problem is guys I don't know only want to ask me to dance reggaeton (I will not dance with any guy I don't know) or merengue (basically the same rule, but because it bores me... some friends/great dancers get the exception to this). Besides, there are plenty of beautiful women that can dance, many better than I can.

12. Houdinni

Houdinni New Member

Tacad... They don't have to be players... All thing equal, if I have to choose between two girls, I'd probably pick the prettyer one... No crime there...

You only dance regaeton with guys you already know, or you only dance with guys you know, period?

Because if that's the usual in your city, I'll be doomed if I ever get to got there, since I'll not know anyone, apart from you (virtually). That way I'd be stuck with dancing with you only for the whole night!

Hey...! :idea: Wait a minute... :shock: This actually seems nice!!! :lol:

13. pygmalion

True. It's just been a tough few days, with similar not-really-a-questions having already been discussed at length. 8) :D Going back over the same ground doesn't add much, that I can see. I could be wrong. *shrug* 8) :)

14. pygmalion

Wow. Cool observation, brujo. :D Nice to "see" you, btw. I know you must be busy. How's your website going? :D :friend:

15. DancePoet

Hmmm ... perhaps questions that are not questions could be avoided? ;) 8)

Besides, it is the very nature of people to judge one another, happens all the time. It's unfortunate, I wish we could all love one another for who we are, but when people step over the line and create a sense of disrespect, people will judge them, too. Even asking questions like, "who are you to judge" is being somewhat judgemental. :roll: ;)

16. DancePoet

Ayuh, my mother always said, "there is more then one way to skin a cat." :shock: :wink: :lol:

17. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

I only dance Reggaeton with guys I know and trust. It avoids misunderstandings, unsafe situations, and the dance losing it's fun for me.
    No, I don't think it's the norm around here to only dance with people you know (although I am sure we all do that more often than dancing with strangers). Quite honestly, I was reduced to introducing myself to strange men who I had seen dancing because salseras seem to way outnumber salseros. 8)

18. Houdinni

Houdinni New Member

And they still say there's no heaven on earth... :oops:

19. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

Laf... I really like Indianapolis... but I'm not sure I would compare it to heaven....

20. pygmalion

Maybe you would if you were a salsero, instead of a salsera. :?: :wink: