General Dance Discussion > Personal Space/People Who Grope

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

LOL! You're the only guy I know who'd ask for NO whatever! LOL! :lol:

That said, it can be tough. Like the time I was in a cha cha formation doing this complicated hand to hand move to change partners, and when I reached for my next partners' hand, accidentally grabbed his .... um ... meat and two veg! :lol: How embarrassing! :oops: :lol:

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Timing Jenn, timing...there's a time and place for everything! :D :wink:

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Is this problem mainly seen at night spots or at dances in a ballroom type environment?

At a dance in a ballroom setting I have never heard of this being a problem here, only at nightclubs and it isn't just the men who are the guilty party. I've been grouped myself on occasion at these spots; usually by women who've had a lot to drink.

I might add that it happens off the dance floor.

4. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Hmm, I hope when he picked up the shattered pieces of his ego that he got even with you. :)

Well I've been "booberated" right in the middle of a very formal class. Thinking back to it, I knew that by the way lady was acting that she was going to do something like that. It was just totally unexpected...and I'm surprised my teacher didn't notice...like what would she say?

"Hey, over there, stop rubbing your knockers on that poor young man! He's young enough to be your son! Introduce him to your daughter if you think he's cute, but you leave him be!"

Ahem. Now I see these types of ladies a mile away. Not very many of them...I had another try and do it during a Caress...so I just starting moving out of boob range to avoid that. Hmm, at dances...its happened a few times.

The bottom line for me is to have class and to respect others. Someone had mentioned getting gropy with your significant other, and if any romantically involved couple didn't do this I'd think something was wrong! But for someone you don't know who's there just to dance...it really is quite rude to be so out of control. It's like DanceMentor was saying...for us new folks...we're already nervous as hell taking our first lessons, trying to keep the beat and not stomp of someone's toes. If someone proceeds to do something lascivious to us in this early stage...it can really make us want to leave and never come back. I'm not trying to judge what others do, but if being trashy is your style, then save it for the trashy clubs.

I'm not even into flirting...and honestly its a big turn off for me when women do this. There are so many ways to let someone know you appreciate them...or find them attractive. A warm smile, having your eyes showing the real you...and simply just the connection hand to hand, a person's touch can tell us so much about who they really are. You don't have to get too close...you don't have to grope or cop a free feel...if it magic's there, you'll know it as soon as you start to dance...maybe even long before that. :)

And if it isn't, well thank god most dances are only 3-5 minutes! :shock:

5. pygmalion

"booberated"? Is that a word? :lol: :lol:

What gets me about this is, I don't see what these people hope to accomplish with their antics. The way I see it, any man I can "land" by "booberating" him, is a man I don't want. Hmm. I just don't understand the mentality. Whatever. *shrug*

6. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Don't worry - we `kissed and made up' in an appropriate manner for a martial arts setting ;). I think he was mostly too relieved that I wasn't furious with him to worry about his ego. Accidents happen!

Cheers
    Sarah

7. danceguy

danceguy New Member

I believe I may have just invented it. :lol:

Please also see my complete list of terms for this strange phenomenon:

Bosom Bashed
    Melon mangled
    Bathycolpiated
    Mammosion
    Titrified

My thoughts are that this how a lot of people communicate...more physically/sexually than mentally and emotionally. And that's fine if it's both people are into that...but if one person clearly is not, then it isn't ok at all. :evil:

8. pygmalion

I can't see that bosom bashing is okay with somebody you don't know, no matter how you slice it. At least, not unless the guy has given some indication he likes that kind of thing. People are weird. :?