Salsa > Phoenix salsa

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by HiTmAnCrUz, Oct 17, 2003.

1. HiTmAnCrUz

HiTmAnCrUz New Member

hey im new here ive been looking everywhere to see where i can learn how to dance better. anyonehere from tha Phoenix Area that knows where i could learn to dance?????

thanks, Alex

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forums Cruz. :D

I'm just down the road in Tucson.

I'll let MissAlyssa fill you in on most of the info for Phoenix as she is from there, but there's a studio in Chandler known as the Paragon; I've gone dancing there a few times and know the owner.

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums HiTmAnCrUz! :D

MissAlyssa, as Spitfire has said, is probably your best local resource.

You might also want to check out Salsa Web's list of Phoenix salsa clubs and instructors.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan

4. HiTmAnCrUz

HiTmAnCrUz New Member

hehe thanks guys. yah hopefully MissAlyssa can help me out wit some spots where i ccan learn. i found one place but all tha classes for salsa where for october and well thers only one more class left so if i even go it wouldent be worth just one class. how far is tucson from phoenix. im new to the phoenix area im orinialy from cali hehe.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi HiTmAnCrUz.

I know I'm late, but welcome to the forums! :D

Another option for locating teachers, classes and places to dance is http://www.dancespots.net You can search the database by location and type of dance, and get a listing. Pretty cool. 8) In your case, just fill in the zip code, and check off salsa and club dances, and see what you get. At least, that's a place to start.

I also found listings for Tucson salsa clubs and instructors at salsaweb.com, and a few other things. Another possibility is to check with the Tucson USABDA chapter. According to mapquest.com, it's 116 miles from Tucson to Phoenix, so that's a bit ambitious for a night of dancing.Still,it's worth a call. People there may be able to refer you to someone. Try these resources, if you want, then check back in and let us know if you need more help. :D

Jenn

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

116 miles is correct; a two hour drive.

The main Salsa venue here is El Parador which is a Mexican restaurant. The dancing begins at I think 9:00 Friday and Saturday. There is a lady who gives classes there.