Dancers Anonymous > Photo Album Updates

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Added one photo of me dancing; one of the two tangueras who honored me with their company dancing that same night; plus one of moi acting silly at work, at the Fine Arts Library, Cornell. :)

Must take photos every night until I get some really good ones! Last night I realized that I wasn't clearing the memory of my digital camera often enough, and so I had to stop taking photos and manually delete some. :( From now on I am wiping out the memory the day after every dance.

2. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Another small contribution to the photo album...

I know I love salsa, and sometimes, I just feel like salsa loves me too :twisted:

3. Sagitta

I just added a couple more photos to salsa, argentine tango and my member gallery.

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I just added a few extra shots from the Yankee Classic (from back in June, in Boston) and will be starting to add some USDSC photos shortly... hope everyone enjoys!

5. SDsalsaguy

OK, first few USDSC photos are up... more to come soon. :D

6. SDsalsaguy

OK, just added some Am Latin & Ballroom shots from the USDSC. Pros yet to come...

7. SDsalsaguy

15 shots from Pro Rhythm are up now. I'll get to Pro Smooth either late tonight or in the morning...

8. SDsalsaguy

Seperate issue... can anyone help identify this AT photograph & the photographer??? Any info would be most appreciated, thanks!

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Sorry, can't help you . . . can't get into the PA.

10. SDsalsaguy

Yup, the PA is down at the moment... not entirely sure why but, hopefully, we'll have it back up and running soon... :?

11. SDsalsaguy

Ok, the photo album is back up, so...
    Oh yeah, I have pix from Pro Smooth at the USDSC up now too... :D

12. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

You've got some lovely photos of Larinda -- very nice.

13. SDsalsaguy

USDSC Latin now up too...

14. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Some very vibrant colours SD :notworth: :D

15. SDsalsaguy

LOL... thanks Pacion, but they're the ones who choose what colors their costumes are! :wink: :lol:

16. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:doh: :doh: :doh: (c) SDSalsaguy aka SD :lol: vibrant colours of the photos not the costumes! Admittedly my salsa photos are taken in a dark environment but the colours don't hit me in the eye like the ones in yours :wink:

17. SDsalsaguy

It's all about the flash! :wink:

Seriously though, when I first started trying to snap ballroom photos (a little over two years ago), I didn't get close to what I do now. Obviously the biggest difference has been my learning my craft but, beyond that, upgrading my flash helped a lot. Obviously the flash doesn't compose or take the pictures, but having a powerful flash with a quick recycle lets me shoot faster without missing too many shots. If there's something in front of me I can get it and have a full flash recharge pronto and, if there's something further away, the flash is still powerful enough to reach it.

I take the shots – and ultimately could take the same ones with lesser equipment – but having better tools certainly does make it faster and easier to capture what I'm trying to.

[P.S. We could always talk about this more in the Photo Forums... hint, hint, hint! :wink: ]

18. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:doh: :lol: I barely get a chance to look at the other forums! I know that it "just another popup window" but :wink:

19. SDsalsaguy

Heya all... just wanted to point out that the photo album upload is back on line and that jenn has added some new salsa photos too!

20. Sagitta

I know!! Lots of cool photos Jenn!! Thanks for coming through! :wink: :)