Salsa > "picking up" at salsa events

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by nycsalsero, Jun 3, 2006.

1. nikita

nikita New Member

You are all wrong:D .
    Somebody who comes to pick-up is not going to waste any time with collecting phone numbers or dating.
    He goes for the goal directly;) .

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I see. I'll keep that in mind. :)

3. Houdinni

Houdinni New Member

Nikita my lovelly!

Where is your faith in mankind?

or at the very least, where is your faith in men's ability to dissimulate?! ;) :)

4. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

Does this actually work for you?

My experience has been that it is almost impossible to pick up and go home with someone the same night, and actually get anywhere. You need a certain amount of time for her to be comfortable with you, and rushing things is very counterproductive.

(I'm not saying that guys don't try it, just that it strikes me as an extremely unsuccessful way of doing things.)

5. Sabor

Sabor New Member

'goes for the goal directly'..???.. where? in prison?

6. nikita

nikita New Member

Isn't there even a book existing about this? Something with pick-up artists or so.

7. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

Specifically for salsa (or other dance events)? I doubt it. (but given the market for self-help and relationship books, I wouldn't entirely it out.)

8. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Depends on what one wants from a woman... one night stands are popular among some people...

9. nikita

nikita New Member

Or vice versa.

10. Sabor

Sabor New Member

one night stands could be a long time.. is there an hour option?

11. DeeplyDippy

DeeplyDippy New Member

Hey ! No-one said I'd have to do it twice :raisebro:

12. genEus

genEus New Member

Germany and other European countries legalized prostitution. :idea:

13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

pay for it??? .. never!

14. azzey

azzey Member

If Salsa is sex standing up then you're paying for it already, my friend. LOL.

15. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

I personally don't think this is a particularily effective plan if your goal is to "get all the way" more than once or twice in a given decade. Even if you maximize your chances by frequenting singles resorts and holidays (oh, once a -year-?)... generally speaking, it's not real effective. and if there is a good chance you will meet that person again, which you will when dancing... my experience is, that reduces your chances to essentially zero.

Going out and expecting to get anywhere -that night- is a huge mistake in my opinion... your odds are infinitely better leaving the club early, getting a good night's sleep, and following up the next day.

16. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

well, I am not sure its something you can LEGALIZE. You just inherently have certain freedoms, certain rights... a goverment can step in and limit those freedoms, for example, to protect the well-being of others... but its not up to a government to give you the right to do things, its only power is to withhold rights you already had in the absense of that government. You don't need to pass a law to engage in consensual activities in the privacy of your home in most "westernized" countries.

You might say that Germany and certain other European nations have decided to no longer prohibit you from agreeing to pay for something that typically given away for free.

Decriminalized it perhaps... but not legalize it

(and I am sorry, but the whole concept of "positive rights" granted to you by a government is just B***S***. That's wealth redistribution. Taxation is not a right... its a responsibility.)

17. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

From seeing people do it...and getting offers...it definitely happens. ;)

18. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

I think it happens a lot less than you think; most of the time, one or the other person has second thoughts before things go all the way. (or passes out, or gets hustled off by friends) My experience has been that "getting an offer" isn't even close to "getting there".

Think about the occasions where it has happens for people; discount special circumstances like ClubMed, singles cruises/holidays, New Year's parties, and weddings... it is a pretty slim list left.

If (as a guy) you go out looking for a "one night stand" .... its never going to happen. Its like one of those straight jacket things... the harder you try, the less progress you make. You have to relax to get anywhere.

19. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I would have to disagree... it usually depends on who you are. And how well you dance.

I have heard stories from famous world instructors that would make your head spin... Some of them even make contests, and it's not about "if" it's about "with how many". That happens during Congresses. And it's been going on for some time already. Gals don't seem to be discouraged. :)

Of course, it might not be such a good idea to do it "in your own scene", as "don't **** where you eat" it's a good saying... But I've seem some guys in my scene do it, and they still get gals.

20. Sabor

Sabor New Member

well.. if your salsa = your sex.. then u got issues amigo.. lol