Dance Ads > Please Help The MAC

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Daphna, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

If you have ever been to the MAC, if you ever wanted to attend the MAC, if you have had friends and/or family members who have competed at the MAC, if you have spectated at the MAC, judged the MAC, if you have had students who have competed at the MAC, we need your help now! Due to raising costs the MAC for the first time in its 27 year history needs your help. We are short about $20,000 for MAC 2018 and have started a "GoFundMe" campaign to raise the money. Please click here

to donate whatever you are able to the MAC 2018 fund. Thank you in advance for your generosity and support.

Daphna

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
    Sania, MaggieMoves and Bailamosdance like this.
  2. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

What else can we do? Several of us IRL have discussed our willingness to pay higher entrance fees because, hello, it's Manhattan! Things are expensive!

Hoping our donations will help.

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Your resignation doesn't include being the MAC organizer I see. I thought it might have but am glad to see that is not the case. Best of luck. Gumbo is down this year too and I suspect it will all be down as a result of the goings on

middy likes this.
  4. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

Part of the reason may be that O2CM was down for quite awhile after its servers were hit with the ransomware virus.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I did actually resign from being the MAC organizer, but since I received permission to post on this forum, I posted the "GoFundMe" campaign request. The MAC will always be my baby and in my heart.

s2k and Sania like this.
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Well, I guess you can at least see Manhattan from Jersey City...

7. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

To be fair - Manhattan Dance Championships are in Brooklyn. JC is perfectly acceptable.

8. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

Regardless, it's an expensive region to fly into, to stay in, and to eat in.

9. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Actually, we have made it is inexpensive as possible, we arrange with food trucks to park outside the hotel for cheap, but extremely good food, the PATH train to NYC is a one stop trip and runs 24/7 and the station is a couple of blocks from China Town where very good but very cheap Chinese food can be found, the hotel gives us a great price, granted, its a great price for NYC and there inexpensive flights can be found into one of 3 airports that service the Tristate area.
    So please donate to our 'GoFundMe" campaign at
    and help make MAC 2018 our 28th year a reality. If there is no MAC in 2018, all monies will be returned to the donator, there is no way you can lose if you donate. Either, with your help the MAC will be held, or you will get your money back. So please donate and thank you in advance for your generosity and support.

MaggieMoves likes this.