General Dance Discussion > Plus sized dance clothes?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by twnkltoz, Feb 12, 2017.

1. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

Ugh. Ever since my illness when I put on a ton of weight, I can't get it off and now it's harder than ever to buy dance clothes. Does anyone have a good source for practicewear type stuff? Right now I'm really in need of dance briefs and tights. Even discount dance supply doesn't have exactly what I need.

2. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Dance briefs as in to wear under a skirt? Try Jocky Slipshorts. What kind of tights?

In general, Tango Rouge Ballroom will do custom sizing on practice wear for not that much extra.

3. twnkltoz

Yes, to wear under a skirt. Jockey is a great idea--I'll try that. Just matte nude tights.

Thanks!

4. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I've used Berkshire fishnets, but you might see if they have what you want. Hue is another possibility, but don't know about nude matte for them.

5. twnkltoz

Thanks!

6. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Bodywrappers makes a bunch of their dancewear in plus sizes, and motionwear goes up to a 3x for some stuff (like boyshorts).

Also yougogirldancewear.com has a huge selection of plus-sized stuff... thanks to a quick check of their site, I see a few different tights options. (I've never used them, but remember coming across them years ago.)

3wishes and twnkltoz like this.