Dancers Anonymous > Poppin and Lockin

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pass It On, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

:lol: That's GREAT DM!!!

2. d nice

d nice New Member

Like in all styles, hip-hop instructors come in various degrees of skill in the dance and skill in teaching. A high degree in one does not assure a high dregree of skill in the other.

Its all about isolation of muscles and then moving them in sequence. It creates the illusion of "Waves" where there are no joints. Where do you live? I might be able to recommend an instructor in your area.

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hey Mr. nice! :D Do you know any hip hop teacher folks in sunny Florida? :D

4. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I believe there are a lot of Lindy Hoppers in LA that combine Hip Hop with Lindy Hop, right?

5. d nice

d nice New Member

Since this thread has been pointed at I'd thought I'd give a quick word about David "Elsewhere" Bernal. He was recently in the Movie You Got Served (which if you are a fan of hip hop this has some of the best dancing in a major hollywood release ever, both west coast funk and east coast breakin' are prominantly featured). and figures prominantly in "Detours" a video about advancing the art form of b-boyin'.

For more clips and his profile check out http://www.detoursvideo.com/Elsewhere.htm

6. BapiX13

BapiX13 New Member

nebody know good teachers over here in washington dc?

7. d nice

d nice New Member

*bump*

8. What an inspiration! I need to learn some of this. Thanks :D

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

They were awesome! My 9-year old son was sitting next to me saying "how do they do that?" Seems like these young men would fare well in ballroom someday as they have a good sense of body movement and isolations.