Dancers Anonymous > Posting Names

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Peaches is my husband's nickname/pet name for me.

When we first started dating he would comment that I had a great...butt.

He likes to tease me and make me blush, particularly in front of parents/formal situations, but he would never comment on my butt in front of them, so it got shortened to G.A., and he'd make a comment about "Georgia on my mind." (GA being the postal abbreviation for the state of Georgia, for those not in the know.)

Somehow that got mutated into Georgia peaches. (Again, for those not in the know, GA is known for it's peaches. Although having lived nearby, it seems like sugar mills, red clay dirt, and huge bugs is more accurate.) Anyway. I don't know how we got to Georgia peaches, but I'm guessing it was just one of those stupid-cutesy things that happens when you're first dating.

After all that, the name Peaches stuck. And even now, that's what he calls me--I can't remember the last time he actually used my name.

2. lynn

lynn New Member

Eh, if it wants to be found, i would've found it by now, else i shouldn't force the poor thing, should I :nope: :lol:??!!

3. jenn

jenn New Member

jenn...tsk tsk tsk...no mystery there! lol

4. amrimi

amrimi New Member

Your name never made me think you were female.

5. amrimi

amrimi New Member

My nick is an anagramm of my real name. A friend of mine came up with it when i was looking for a good email-adress.

So anybody who likes that kind of thing can try to figure it out.

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Tell me about it! ;)

7. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

what's an anagramm?

8. amrimi

amrimi New Member

Spelling mistake it's anagram in english

anagram = a word or phrase made by transposing the letters of another word or phrase (from merriam-webster)

9. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

I chose the posting name of Zhena because it reflects my love of folk dances from the Balkans. Although my husband and I started ballroom dance a couple of years ago, we haven’t given up folk dance. In some Slavic languages zhena means woman or wife (as opposed to girl or unmarried woman), and several of my favorite women’s dances have “zhensko” somewhere in their name. “Zh” is a soft “j” sound like in the French name Jean, or the “z” in azure.

10. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Quixote D(e) L(a) M(ancha)

I never did read the novel fully, nor can I speak or read Spanish. But I did read an abridged version in 5th grade or something. Somehow, he seemed to remind me of me - one of those nice guys who are misguidedly yet stubbornly trying to change the world, never realizing what fools they are...

11. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

miriam?

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i think you got it, chacha. :) am grateful for this thread -- insightful!

for me, my family is from samos, an island off the coast of turky in the greek aegean. i've lived a lot of places throughout my life, with samos being the only constant -- it's definitely the place that feels most like "home" and "roots" to me. being a cancer, i guess that's important to me. ;)

so..."samina" is one word for "woman who is from samos".

13. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Mine is my initials, my age at the time created, the state I live in, and the year I was born. Makes for a complicated email address, and I regret it now. But at the time when creating it (for email and other things, before I came on this site), they were asking for a name with both letters and numbers in it and this is all I could come up with. When I came on here I couldn't think of anything else to use. Wish I could change it now but can't think of what it should be, and besides, I'm close to 200 posts! Afraid no one would know who I was anymore! Lol!

14. Tanguera

Tanguera New Member

I use the nick Milonguita (=little milonga dancer) on several forums, but here on DF it was already taken... so I chosed Tanguera (=tango dancer).

15. meow

meow New Member

Mine fairly easy to figure - I like cats. I also like dogs but 'woof' just sounds awful for a name.