Dancers Anonymous > Posting Names

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Oct 2, 2003.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the first waltz I ever danced to at a comp...and an accurate description of how I fell in love with dance...

2. Mr. Dance

Mr. Dance New Member

I tried that too but somehow everybody guessed I was a guy right away, go figure :rolleyes: :lol:

3. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Maybe you should have omitted the Mr.

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

5. Sabor

Sabor New Member

yeah i mean.. 90% of the names u can't tell if they're male or female.. or both? lol

6. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

people with names like that should use a more obvious avatar, that if nothing else, at least more accurately portrays their gender......

unless of course they want to keep us guessing :)

7. lynn

lynn New Member

But isnt' that what the avatar is for :wink:??

8. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

it could be.... where's yours?

9. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

My thoughts exactly!

10. lynn

lynn New Member

It's MIA :lol:!

11. lynn

lynn New Member

Besides, SD, you're using AK as your avatar - that's no fair :nope:!!

12. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

SuzieQ is a popular nickname for Sue.
    There was a rock song a few years ago by that name--don't remember who sang it.
    I mark my drink cups (at dance socials, etc.) with a Q.
    Class of '70.....
    My oldest child turns 30 today!!!!!

13. lynn

lynn New Member

Congrats! And happy b-day to him (her?)!!

14. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I got the impression you chose it because of SuzieQ in salsa.
    Didn't that rock song go like..wake little suzy, wake up,.......

15. Medira

Medira New Member

You're thinking of "Wake up Little Suzie" by Simon and Garfunkel. There's actually a 70's classic rock song called "Suzie Q" which was done by Creedence Clearwater Revival...I think that's the one that Suzie is referring to. :)

16. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Yes, the CCR song is what I was thinking of. Should have been able to remember that-they used to be one of my favorite groups! And the other song was also sung by the Everly Brothers in an earlier incarnation!
    I don't do much salsa, so don't know what the SuzieQ is, but I think I've heard it referred to before.

Thanks for the good wishes, Lynn! My oldest is a daughter, a wonderful young woman.

17. Zaratustra Shaking it...

Well Zaratustra, from nietzsche: Also sprach Zaratustra.
    "shaking it" because of the dancing.
    There is no mystery in it.

18. Funny, that you mentioned the CCR song. It was one of the songs I sang Kareoke to last night!

19. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

tsk tsk... you should look for it then ;)

20. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

My login name is rather uninspired, but I'm NielsenE or more commonly nielsene almost everywhere else, so... Kinda for the same reason Larinda mentioned, it helps keep me from saying some of the first things that come to mind and thinking about it first (not that it always helps :). Plus it makes it easier to remember what login name to use everywhere as I've had nielsene since about '92 in some capacity or another....

Of course some people seem to insist its some sort of bad chemistry joke -- 'ene' being the normal ending for an alkene.... No idea what type of hydrocarbon base a "niels" is supposed to be though.....