General Dance Discussion > Pro couples you enjoy watching

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Spitfire, May 2, 2003.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Which professional duos have you enjoyed watching?

This past Sunday I was at a competition held by my studio which featured Tomaz Lewandowski and Isabela Olszewska. Immigrants from Poland who live in California. They put on a dazzling performance and announced their wedding plans.

Have also seen Bob Powers and Julia Gorchekova perform at an earlier event; electrifying!

I think the first couple that I ever saw was Vernon Brock and Linda Dean. I saw them at a comp in Phoenix a long time ago. I understand Vernon Brock to be deceased.

2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

My personal favorite to watch is Ben Ermis and Shalene Archer for American Smooth. I saw Brian Watson and Carmen this year at USDC and they were really fun to watch. The first show I ever saw was Pierre Allaire and Mireille Veilleux. I was hooked after seeing them. I also saw David Howland and Vivian Ramsey doing "All by Myself" in Atlanta the last two years. I actually created a webpage for them that includes pictures and video:
    Howland and Ramsey

[​IMG]

3. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Gocha Chertkoev & Shorena Gachechiladze - :D

Tony Meredith and Melanie LePatin

Jean Marc Genereaux and France Mousse ((not sure of sp of her last name)

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Correct spelling is Mousseau... and yes, they're a very fun couple to watch!

FYI, they, along with Gary & Diana McDonald will be performing at the Manhattan Dancesport Championships this July (3-6, NY -- see Manhattandancesport.com for more info.)

5. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Wow, wish I could go see that. Gary and Diana are another great couple to watch!!

It's weird, Gary and Diana once in a great while will come up to this studio right near where I live and give master classes in more traditional ballroom stuff. www.supershag.com

6. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Yuval Hod and Nathalie Gomes - hands down, they are the best at what they do. They have incredible gymnastics for aerials, their dancing is superb, and they play with their music. Always great entertainment. Just got to see them at the ALHC. Amazing performance!

7. d nice

d nice New Member

Steven Mitchell and Virginie Jenson
    Kevin St. Laurent and Carla Hieny
    Paul Overton and Sharon Ashe
    Ryan Francois and Jenny Thomas
    MAtt Smiley and Naoimi Uyama
    Skye Humphries and Ramona Staffeld
    Bill Cameron and Blake Hobby

So many I could name.

8. brujo

brujo New Member